I don't even know where to start. And it's not because I have anything worthwhile to say, because I hardly ever do. But I am not ready to give up blogging. I don't care if people do it or not. I'm going to still write when I get the urge the just write stupid shit about everyday life. It's a Friday night and my husband is over the mountains to see his mom. My brother Troy is in the other room taking an online test on my desktop for a final phase in his job hunting. It's sort of an IQ test. He doesn't want my help. Hahaha! So I just poured a glass of wine and am waiting for him to finish so we can eat dinner I have in the oven.
I have no idea what I want to write about but I'll just start numbering and see what happens.
1. Record breaking temperatures in our area. Oh my, it was 87 degrees last Monday! For three days in a row we had hot summer temperatures and no rain. It was wonderful. I got me inspired to do that horrible job of switching out the winter clothes for summer. I hate doing that and it takes so much longer than you think. And why do I have about 47 tank tops? I don't even look good in them anymore. I swear I used to be so vain about my arms, which back in the day rivaled Michelle Obama's. Really, should find a photo and put it up later to prove it. I could have beaten her arm wrestling. But now they are starting the get that crepe-y look and a little bit of wiggle, even though I am still doing my 8 lb free weights every few days.
2. Just started a new YMCA schedule again after giving up yoga back in September because it was too stressful for me, what with the people showing up late, old ladies who couldn't stand any deviation from the routine and even requesting more lights be turned on and the final straw for me was that chick who came in 5 minutes late, grabbed a YMCA mat and proceeded to scrub it down with some kind of scouring pad that sounded like fingernails on the chalkboard. The instructor said not a word and THAT is what pissed me off the most. I never went back. So now I'm going to try Pilates.
Get ready. I'm sure I will have some Pilate Rants.
3. Politics. Holy Moly. Who could ever predict that this would happen? I am going for Hillary though of course I chose Obama over Hillary before. I like Bernie but he's out there. And maybe it's his supporters that even irritate me more. The ones who won't vote for anyone but Bernie. I haven't sent Hillary any money, yet. Maybe I won't even. I like her but I'm not super passionate about her as I was Obama. Besides she probably doesn't need my money. But I get a little bit irritated with the Bernie folks in the same way I get irritated with people who proudly claim they never ever watch TV, as if they are beneath it. There is a lot of good shit on TV first of all. Maybe they are just too cheap to pay for cable.
4. Speaking of TV. My new favorite show is "Better Call Saul". Jonathan Banks and Bob Odenkirk are so awesome! I also love "Walking Dead". And my all time favorite show is "Breaking Bad" (which is why I am watching Saul). Never thought I would like anything more than "The West Wing", but I do!
5. I was thinking about stuff I am missing. I was thinking about cars and I said to someone the other day that I really miss chrome bumpers on cars. You know, like in a '68 Camaro or an older Mustang. And I miss playing CDs. I think they sound better than streaming music. I still play them and in fact right now I'm playing Dylan's "Blood on the Tracks" as I type. I miss when people used to talk to each other in restaurants instead of looking at their phones. Damn, I am going to quit with just these because I am starting to sound old or like Clint Eastwood in the El Camino movie....(speaking of chrome!)
7. Lately I've been thinking that maybe I am starting to get Alzheimer's. The broke my favorite Le Creuset lasagne pan because I laid it on the burner to make room but I didn't turn off the burner and even though it was on low it heated that cookware up and shattered and just like that $200+ dollars out the window. Yesterday I caught myself starting to put the leftover salad bag in the cupboard instead of the refrigerator. And where I used to be good at remembering names I am no longer. Also I can't keep characters straight in books, though in truth, I always did have a hard time with retention in anything I read unless I wrote it down. That's where I learned to take copious notes and write really fast! Anyway I put this down for reference. I am going to be 59 years old and I feel like I'm slipping.
I have to end this because blogging is a bitch on the iPad and my brother is still online with my desktop. Maybe I will come back and edit and add a Prince video or a photo of my favorite Le Cruset pan, RIP! :)