|My famous floor dusting slippers... This relates to #4|
This comes from Ray Romano's character on last week's episode of Parenthood. In frustration talking to Sarah (an endearingly ditzy and incessant talker, played by Lauren Graham) he says:
"If you start rambling, i'm going to want to punch a bird."
It cracked me up. (So much more original than the overused 'kicking ass'.) Here we go:
1. When i buy a new bottle of lotion with that pump thingie it takes me forever to get it started. I twist and twist and it always takes me about 10 minutes to get that stupid Costco size bottle of Lupriderm working.
2. Sometimes when am opening a bottle of wine i use a knife to get that foil thingie off. (I have a foil cutter but i can never find it in my drawers.) And sometimes when i rip that foil off it slices right into that part of my finger where it bends and hurts the most.
And if you take baby aspirin for health reasons like I do it bleeds and bleeds as if you were stabbed with a hunting knife by your worse enemy. (I am starting to like screw caps more these days.) Seriously, i am not kidding when i say i have to bandage it up with duct tape.
3. I quit tipping my newspaper gal. Our previous carrier put it right in our Tribune box . This girl throws it on the run. And sometimes it's not even close to our porch at all. One time i didn't think it was delivered because it was thrown so far from our porch.
4. The reason i hate this is because my green floor dust mopping slippers are not outside slippers.
5. Last night i was out with my friend julie (jj) and Sarah (louie) at a wine bar and across the table from us were two women and each one were glued to their smart phones most of the time. And if they talked to each other at all it was to show the other what she was reading on her smart phone. I really wanted to take a photo of them but it would be hard to do that discreetly.
6. Sometimes when i watch the news i am afraid there are more bad people in the world than good people.
7. So I am going to stop watching the news. When they find the Malaysian airplane - let me know. Already i get my political news only from Jon Stewart and Leonard Pitts articles.
Please come add your own. And i promise i won't REALLY punch a bird. I love birds. (Except for crows. I really hate crows. they creep me out as much as cats. ) I have more things but I'm already at 490 word count!
Notes to Self:
Word Count: 490
Sunrise: 7:09 am
Sunset: 7:26 pm
Longest Run: 40 minutes
Book: The Goldfinch
Favorite song this week: Me and You by Jake Bugg