|I found the pigtail running photo!!!! This is from our very early running days, circa 1984...i think. (This is in reference to the How to Run blog post)|
I took this photo tonight to add for the blog photo to show my summer look of wild fat hair where i wash it and let it go cause i HATE blowdrying my hair....and after i took it i decided to change it to my template photo instead because it matched the colors. But that proved harder than i was expecting because then i started getting into changing fonts. Finally after about an hour i gave up and settled on this. So on with it!
1. Do you care about the Royal Baby? I don't. I was hoping because Kate was non-royalty that they might name the baby Joe. George is such a pretentious snooty name for an English baby. OR why not Hugh, or Tony ....?perfectly nice English names?
2. Two things i sort of hate if taken too far: nostalgia and tradition. (not to mention religion and politics).
3. Why do people say 'not to mention' and then go ahead and do that very thing? I hate that kind of stuff too. Like "I'm no racist, but......" you know how it usually ends. something like "Trayvon Martin was a thug looking for trouble but they keep putting up that photo of him when he was younger to make him look sweet."
3. Speaking of names i hate. There are so many trendy names i hate right now that it's not fair to the kid that when i meet them i already think their parents are dolts for naming them these names: Conner, Brandon, Lindsey, Brittany, Riley, Dylan.... Hmmmm. in thinking about #3 i wonder how many Trayvon's will be born now?
4. I like the name Jake. That's my new favorite name.
5. I told you this was random!
6. My niece Kylee/modern hippie...remember her? ...she no longer blogs at all, even on her own blog. Plus she is in love now too with a really nice guy that i like. I couldn't have found a better pick for her really. Anyway she is skydiving on August 3rd. It's something she has always wanted to do so her boyfriend bought her a ticket to do so. I'm going to watch her. She said she wanted Brian and me and her parents to be there most of all. That was nice.
7. She is really living her life these days and doing great. I'm very proud of her.
8. I would only go skydiving if my doctor told me i had only 6 months to live. Then i would try all kinds of things. Like kayaking, and hiking, and flying in airplanes all over, and visiting unfamiliar places, and hot air ballooning, and subjecting myself to a crowd at a rock concert.
9. I never though of how dying could give you lots of freedom to do stuff you wouldn't ordinarily do.
10. Truth is i probably wouldn't do any of those things in #8. It's not even fear so much that keeps me from doing stuff. I just don't want to do it. period.
11. I would probably blog my last days out and write my own obituary so it wasn't a phony one. Then i would choose all the music for my memorial. That could take a lot of time.
12. Does anyone else have this problem that when you try and type an 'a' while texting (or as in my case, on a Kindlefire, it always comes out as an 's' nearly every single time? It drives me crazy how i have to keep going back and making that same correction when replying to emails on my kindle.
13. We have had the best summer that i ever remember. Really amazing weather for us. Last year sucked so much but this year is one great day after another. It reminds me why i love living here. And dare i say it? I almost miss the rain a little bit. The last time i remember feeling this way about the weather was 1992.
So what's on your mind?
Notes to self:
All time page views: 46,277
Shout Out: susieatl? Where are you? Traveling?
Day 5: of no blood pressure medicine. Doing okay so far.
Need to remember: change dental appointment to August