It's about time i changed my blog. I'm not sure what i am going to do about Facebook. It seems difficult to do both. And i realized i made it more difficult on myself by friending everyone who asked to be my friend. I have people on there related to my work that i don't even know and have never spoken to. Why did they want to be my friend anyway? Normally i am not even worried about protocol or politeness but i just couldn't turn them down. One of them is even my boss!
And if i had to choose between Facebook and the blog, i will choose the blog. Even if Facebook does make it easier to share photos.
anyway, here are some photos of last week with Barbara/equeyaya who posts here. We had a great time and we just settled right away into an easy time like we have been vacationing together for years. We talked about big stuff and we talked about little stuff. What we didn't run out of was stuff to say. Kylee joined us in Seattle for one day and we went to a somewhat disappointing lunch at Wild Ginger. That's a photo of us in a wine bar. (Kylee finally turned 21 years old!) I like the guy in the background.
We made the lovely risotto one night. And we drank a lot of wine. Mostly all Washington wines. In fact, i still haven't wanted any wine since so i'm blogging with Fresca! It was a very very good trip.
Oh yeah, the first photo is from Brian cooking and smoking up the whole house a couple of nights ago. It never even set off the fire alarm, so i went out and bought a new battery.
Random thoughts .
1. You know those ziplock bags? I have the HARDEST time ever getting them zipped and unzipped. It makes me worried for when i get to be an old lady. If Brian wasn't around to open up stuff i will starve. I am famous for tearing up cereal boxes like a rabid pit bull might. I think it's called patience. Or lack thereof.
2. Have y'all seen the Old Spice commercials. OMG, let me know if you haven't and i'll come back with the YouTube. They are the BEST.
3. My ex husband wore Old Spice so i would never buy it for Brian.
4. Isn't it weird how a smell can take you back to that time and place and be a reminder of someone, even if you don't want to remember them?
5. Where is louielouie? Are you still in Cannon Beach?
6. I read a whole book yesterday from beginning to end and may finish one today too. Much of my summer escape reading is thriller turn pager kind of stuff.
7. I am having a great summer. I took a nap today and yesterday. I love naps. I love watching the HG channel. I love getting my run done early in the morning. I love sitting on the patio drinking my french press coffee with the paper.
8. I bought Tom Petty's Mojo cd yesterday on iTunes. My favorite song is Candy. I love it when an artist i have loved for years and years is still doing what they do best.
OK, that's all i got. I hope some of y'all come and post about your summer vacation too. I'll keep blogging even if no one is reading because i just like the writing and randomness of it. It's my outlet. And Facebook is limiting.