My friend Julie (jj here) gave me this little journal. I put the whole subtitle on the previous blog post in my last comment so i won't type out the whole thing except this part:
"A journal to vent about why people are like that and why all the stupid things they do are so obvious to me...."
So i'm going to keep this close to me and write down stuff as i feel irritated. I have been a longtime journal writer, starting around the age of 9 with those little diaries that had that stupid little key that really never locked your thoughts away. But that key was so cute!
In this little book there are tips on journaling and i like this one by Anais Nin: "What feels vivid, warm, or near to you at the moment?"
So let's get on with my humble opinion. . . not sure it's all that humble, since it's me writing, but hell, it's part of the book title...so here we go!
1. In my humble opinion - i think that the presidential race is not that close at all! Those cable news channels are full of shit, but i'm glad they are saying it's neck and neck, because then more people vote. And when more people vote, Democrats win! I think Obama will handily win. (I want to predict a landslide, but i can't because of the Republican money, and for that reason i am afraid we are going to get a bad Governor. )
2. In my humble opinion - You can never have too many pairs of jeans. I just bought another pair of Christopher Blues. Here's my bitch: I had to buy them in 34 inseam. I have something like a 28 inseam. They are supposed to be boot cut but by the time i cut them off and hem them they will be skinny jeans.
3. In my humble opinion - nearly every time i leave H&L produce i have to turn on to a busy street that feeds off the freeway. There is a left turn lane and a separate lane for people, like me, turning right. Seriously, about every other time i am there i get behind a giant SUV turning left who blocks BOTH lanes and so now i totally understand road rage.
4. In my humble opinion - Verbosity is not a bad thing. I was thinking about how i posted earlier that i was going to make these shorter and so far i have done exactly the opposite, starting with live blogging the debates!... For some reason it's a challenge for me to keep things short. I have no idea how to rein myself in. I do the same with voice mails. It's my wiring. I would be a Terrible Twitterer.
5. And in my humble opinion - Contradicting oneself is not so bad either! It means you are always evolving.
6. One last humble opinion...probably my most important one ...to me, anyway... People who don't vote should leave the country, or at the very least, leave whatever room i am in. I can almost say, without apology, that i hate people who don't vote. Or to be more accurate, i can't imagine that i could ever be friends with you if you didn't.
What are YOUR humble opinions?
Notes to self:
- Sunset: 6:04 pm
- Highest temp today: 53 degrees
- All time blog views: 35,155
- Blog views last month: 1165