|Starfish in Pacific Beach cottage|
I was going to do a whole blog post of Let Me Tell You What YOU Think, ( directed to ALL people who know me, not just here) but i can only think of 5 things:
1. Give it up jojo, blogging is dead. And your mojo is too.
2. Quit talking about your retirement, I am jealous and i hate you for it.
3. Get a F*cking cell phone already.
4. You drink more wine than you should. And you have a propensity to brag about shit when you're buzzed.
5. If i want your advice i will ask for it.
2. Lent: Once again I am giving up Lent for Lent. As a good young Catholic girl i used to make a big announcement that i was giving up chocolate for Lent. Truth is, i was not a huge chocolate fan anyway and that is still true today. (Potato chips or Cheetos would have been more of a sacrifice.) But i will say it did impress people!
3. And even then I knew that God must have known I was scamming on my Lent sacrifices.
4. The Best Thing That Happened This Week: i was on the interview team to hire my replacement. And we hired the young woman I've been mentoring for over two years since she was hired and who actually became a friend. (It was a unanimous vote too.) She's a special person, a mother of young twins, a 4 year old daughter and is married to a nice man. She's energetic and calm under fire. I'm so proud of her and feel so good about leaving my job to her.
5. Speaking of local news: It's like that movie Groundhog Day. It's the same Seattle news every damn day: 1) Shooting in Seattle or Tacoma 2) Fatality accident on I-5 or 405 3) Rain and clouds for the next 5 days 4) Traffic congestion on the commute. 5) Some Health Link news that tells you that something that used to be good for you now is all bad.
6. I am going to quit watching the news.
7. I have room for one more (in order to stay under 500 words): Here's one: That flight that blew out a tire and had a hard landing was on TV today. (Shit those bad plane stories come out just as i am getting ready to go on a long flight!) That chick that took the selfie of herself running got on The Today show. Did you see it? I would be so embarrassed if that were my daughter.
Notes: to Self:
Word Count: 498 (not counting notes)
Sunset: (LOVE Daylight Savings Time!) 7:13 pm
Sunrise: 7:13 am
Pollen Count: Extremely high for trees - first really bad day yesterday (my first spring in 34 years without allergy shots)
iTune Purchase: John Gorka's album "Bright Side of Down" and Jason Isbell single"Cover Me Up"
Book: Atonement and The Goldfinch
Longest Run: 43 minutes