|My great nephew Brady with his Mom Adrienne. On Father's Day|
|My favorite nephew Brian and his son Brady. Brady is wearing a cape!|
|Photos by my niece Ashley - this shows his cape!|
Bad: I don't have another getaway until September, when we go on our flyfishing trip.
2. Bad: I didn't run for the 2+ weeks in Italy because there was no safe way to do so. In fact the whole time i saw only ONE runner.
Good: Nothing hurt, no lower back, no hip or nagging knee pain.
3. Bad: I gained a couple of pounds - i think most all of it in my face.
Good: I am still under my "Magic weight".
4. Good: The swimming pool is open!
Bad: Screaming Meemies. What the hell is the attraction for that stupid Marco Polo game anyway? They were playing it yesterday.
5. Good: I discovered a new author from my friend Beth and also Cat Petcher (why isn't she here blogging?): Loraine Moriarity.
Bad: I'm going to be finished reading everything she has written soon. Right now I'm reading The Husband's Secret.
6. Good: I may have conquered a few anxieties about travel - maybe especially air travel since i only used 3 of the 9 Xanax pills that i brought with me to Italy.
Bad: I don't think i will ever totally get over having anxiety about being somewhere unfamiliar.
7. Good: I'm starting my YMCA workout again this Saturday.
Bad: I'm getting ready for new parts to start hurting.
8. Good: Going with my goddaughter niece Ashley and her mom and two friends to look for wedding dresses today!
Bad: Maybe too many opinions on the dress?... (I'm not going to be that awful aunt on Say Yes to the Dress who makes the bride cry because she doesn't like the dress that the bride loves.)
9. Good: Facebook. Thank you everyone who helped me with all of my dumb questions about traveling to Italy. What a great resource it has been for me.
Bad: I spend way too much time on Facebook!
10. Good: I took about 1000 photos in Italy. I have some very good ones that i like a lot. I'm not going to bore people anymore with them since i already put up 100 on Facebook, but I am going to go online and make up a photo album to print from Costco.
Bad: Organizing 1000 photos!
11. Good: Babies! I get to babysit Brady (photos above) on July 3rd in place of his nanny. He is one of the happiest babies I've been around in a long time.
Notes to Self:
Word Count: 438 words
High/low temp: 79/49
Longest run: 37 minutes
# of cat photos hidden on Facebook: 3, plus 1 video. (I left the one photo on Jon Stewart's site though.
Minor irritation on Facebook this week: Photos of 5 year olds in full graduation regalia.
Major relief: That i am retired and don't have to do all of the signature gathering on the class size initiative that my former colleagues are doing on evenings and weeknights!