Friday, November 12, 2010
Things that Shouldn't Be....
Menu of the Day:
on iTunes: 75 and Sunny by Ryan Montbleau
In my glass: Nothing yet, but i'm having dinner at Primo Grill with Julie, so it will soon be something red!
What I'm reading: I loved Pillars of the Earth so much that i am now reading the second Follett book: World Without End, I like it too.
What I am procrastinating about: NOTHING. I'm caught up. I'm working on that will thing too.
What I'm looking forward to: Tomorrow.
On with the list with things that shouldn't be.
1. I was watching the Seahawks game last weekend, something i don't normally do, but during the commentary they cut to a shot of a beautiful facility where the Seahawks practice. We care more about the buildings where pro athletes get to practice and play more than we do about the buildings where our children go to school.
2. Do i need to even mention that teachers/educators should make the salaries of pro athletes and vice versa? Why should athletes be paid millions for a talent that comes so easily?...No i don't think i need to mention it... but i do it anyway.
3. Christine O'Donnell should never have been given the time of day. How can people in this country take her seriously? And of course, it goes without saying about Sarah Palin.
4. Kim Kardashian should not be registering on any radar either. What's her claim to fame? Her Dad was an OJ supporter?
5. The prescription you take for your medical ills should not have more side effects than your original affliction.
6. People who vote a rabidly anti-tax ballot should not be able to send their kids to public schools and they should be prohibited from ever calling the fire department or police in the event of a disaster. Nor should they visit a park. (In fact, they should even had children at all! ) and while we're at it, they should not be driving over bridges and on the freeways either. They should just stay home!
7. VHI should not be allowed to re-run Saturday Night Live. I got very excited when on our DVR was a re-run of a 2001 episode with Ryan Adams as the musical guest. VHI cut about an hour of it to make way for their bazillion commercials and cut the music out all together and most of Weekend Update too.
8. Nobody should remake a Janis Joplin song really. I don't care who you are. It can't be done.
9. Democrats should quit being namby pamby. If Obama folds on the Bush tax cuts i will be very disappointed. I do NOT respect pandering. We didn't lose the House because of our ideology so much as we lost it because we are a bunch of lazy fuckers who believe everyone in our party has a good idea that needs to be heard. Plus we're cheap too.
10. My new favorite show Parenthood may get cancelled, but yet Kim Kardashian still remains a household name.
11. OOps, i will have to come back to this because it's almost time for me to get picked up! I have more.
Come and tell me some of yours!