on iTunes: Forest Sun's Harlequin cd. Love this guy!
Book: I'm reading The Middlesteins. I like it. It reminds me of Jonathan Franzen's The Corrections. Odd Family Drama story.
What I'm thinking about: The election. I'm excited and i'm scared.
Finally accomplished: Putting my summer clothes away, switching them for my 10 months of gloomy. The funny thing is my summer clothes take up more room than the stored winter clothes. But that's only cause summertime often feels like the rest of the year (by that i mean, autumny kind of weather) so i have AC/DC clothes that never need to be stored away...and for God's sake, I swear i think i own about 35 tank tops. I had no idea until i started packing them away.
What's irritating me: I got a call on Friday from a co-worker who's 21 year old gay friend had not registered to vote. She wanted to know if there was still time for her to do so. I knew this answer because i had put this info up on our work's website - first time voters could walk in to register in person if they did so by Oct. 29. So If same sex marriage goes down by 1 vote i vote that someone should beat the shit out of that lesbian.
Shout Out: Lynnie. What happened to you? It's been a very long time!
I have no idea what's on my mind, but i'll go ahead an number some things and see where this goes:
1. I phone banked 7 times for our governor this election and called cranky menopausal women (that was our demographic target) to get out the vote for our Democratic governor candidate, Jay Inslee. A candidate i don't love very much, but who is better than the other dude who i am super scared of.
But here's a phone bank i would really enjoy!..... post election i want to call people who don't vote, like the woman above i describe. I would ream them up and down and tell them what shits they are.
2. My predictions tomorrow:
- Obama will handily win re-election.... :)
- Charter schools will be allowed in Washington State .... :(
- McKenna and Inslee will be close but i'm afraid that McKenna is going to win ... :( I wish there was a SCREAMING emoticon for this using our keyboard.
- Dawn Morrell (who louielouie/Sarah and i doorbelled for will win).... :)
- Steve O'Ban will win .... :(
- Tami Green will win ... :)
- Same sex marriage will lose ... :( (which is what my photo above is about.)
- marijuana will lose ... :( I don't smoke pot at all, but i wish it were legal cause it's stupid that it's not. My childhood would have been much less chaotic had my Dad been a pothead instead of an alcoholic.
3. I hate ending daylight savings time. I went to bed at 9:30 because it feels like 11 pm. I have been awake since 4:00 am and will probably need to go to bed again at 9:30. this will take me about 3 weeks to get adjusted.
4. I bought a Christmas present already, but it almost doesn't count cause it for my parents. I bought them sheets.
5. I already hate thinking about the holidays. Brian and i rarely fight hard about stuff. We get into disagreements and talk it out, but we rarely get into something that makes us both mad where we don't want to talk to each other for awhile...that is, until we talk about the holidays and family dynamics.
6. So far it's been okay, but we also haven't made a definitive plan so i dread it and try to tread softly, but anyone who knows me understands how very difficult that is for me.
7. Here's a good question: If you are in a relationship, married...or not, or if you are divorced or broke up.... what is the topic you most fight about? For us, it's definitely holidays and family stuff. The good news is it is never about money.
OK, i'm going to end this cause i've been trying hard to make this shorter. Only one person posted on my shortest post of all though... though i did notice that "Nada" had 18 views today. (And thank you amulbunny for being the one person posting on it!..hahahaha.)
Notes to self:
Sunset: 4:47 pm ....boohoo :(
Today's high: 60 degrees. weirdly warm today!
Longest run this week: 60 minutes on Saturday
All time pageviews: 35,651
Views last month: 1206