|I took this photo over a week ago. Skinny Enchiladas from my new cookbook!|
2. I buy 'hanging around the house' clothes. Recently i bought a couple of pair of Zella capri pants. Now that i found those underpants that don't show the VPL i'm all about the yoga-y pants. They are like magic underpants!
3. I watch reruns of Friends back to back. I never watched Friends regularly when it was on. It's shocking to see an episode and find out it was 1998 when it feels like it was only 5 years ago.
4. I research everything. I have spent days researching custom entertainment centers and Smart TVs. I've made drawings of the furniture design and met with my cabinet makers. And finally i settled on a Samsung 50" Smart TV. It was ridiculous the time i spend online making these decisions.
I am also researching tile patterns for my kitchen.
5. I check Facebook about 50 times a day. I'm considering going on another hiatus just to see if i can get more done around the house.
6. I babysit. (Often.) When i was quite younger and knew I didn't want children I used to say i wish i could figure out a way to have grandkids. And then my favorite nephew Brian (Troy's son) had a baby boy and they don't have a grandmother around to help out. I'm in love with this happy little guy.
7. I read. Lately i have been reading about four books at once and not finishing any of them. Except i will finish Close Your Eyes and Hold Hands by Chris Bohjalian. Though it's not upbeat because it's about an orphan and a nuclear meltdown.
8 I run. Still having foot issues which i don't think will go away unless i give it up. But i am determined to keep at it.
9. I fret about aging. I hate my skin and my hair and my eyebrows.
10. I bore myself. But I mean that in a good way. I am going back to work at my old job for about 6 weeks starting next week. I went in to the office for the second time since i retired last April to get oriented to what is needed from my replacement as she has hip replacement surgery. I could actually almost feel my blood pressure rising in the 3 hours i was there as stuff swirled around us. So yeah, i kind of like being bored and boring right now. I'll get past it after awhile and get busy.
I read somewhere that retired people should not commit to anything for one year. And i'm going to take that literally. People are surprised that now that i have so much time i have done nothing politically. They might even be sort of mad at me, but i don't care. I don't plan to stay this way, but for now, i'm good.
Notes to Self
Word Count: 540 (not counting Notes)
What I hope for: My one brother Scott got the job he wanted! I hope my other brother Troy (who i just helped with a resume) gets the one he applied for.
What I'm looking forward to: Going to Seattle to have dinner at my niece Ashley and her fiancé's place.
Sunrise yesterday: 7:52 am
Sunset: 5:55 pm (Daylight savings time is over tonight!
What I'm procrastinating about: Once again, my photo album of our Italy trip!