I actually have a better chance of being a professional football player than i do of ever becoming a 'yogi', but that doesn't mean I’ve given up!
This is my 4th week – I’m working on going Monday, Wednesdays Fridays. So far, so good... at least for attendance and commitment.
I’m liking how I feel in the morning, but I doubt that I will ever get into the Namaste-ness of it at all.
Here is what I thinking about yesterday when I was supposed to be "letting go of my pain and struggles in our lives” which is how our Wednesday instructor always gets us started.
1. I can't believe i bought a bottle of olive oil that was only 8.4 ounces and cost $34! (When i got it home I also noticed that the expiration was 2-2-2014.)
2. That must be some pretty fucking awesome olive oil...
3. Shit, at $4 an ounce that would make any salad I made cost about $12 a serving! (Maybe $15 if I use yellow peppers and avocado and pine nuts.)
4. I need to return that olive oil. Hope I still have the receipt.
5. I wonder if the owner of the shop who sold me the very jar I bought is mad at me and did this on purpose?
6. Naw, she is not passive aggressive like that. She's a nice person. And i always write checks there and they never bounce.
7. Dammit, I wish this instructor would quit constantly telling us when to inhale and exhale. Wow, but some people are exhaling SO hard. I wonder if anyone has ever collapsed from a heart attack in yoga?
8. Is our instructor gay?
9. Oh God, I hate how my butt looks in this mirror when doing downward facing dog or forward fold. I don't think even Giselle would want to look at her ass in yoga pants from behind.
10. Oh how I love to hate Giselle and her cheating husband Tom Brady.
11. I shouldn’t be thinking about hating on celebrities while doing yoga.
12. I really HATE downward facing dog. Can't wait to get to corpse pose.
13. Who comes up with these yoga terms anyway? Doesn't 'corpse pose' seem incongruent to yoga?
14. Am I using 'incongruent' correctly?
15. Oh crap, how did i get that bruise near my ankle? I hope it clears up before the wedding next weekend because it will show. and what's this one on my forearm?
16. I am going to quit taking those baby aspirin in the summer.
17. Ohhhh, FINALLY…. corpse pose. Love it.
18. I really need to get my own mat.
Note to Self:
Longest plank: 3 minutes
Longest run this week: It will be todaywhen i run 5 miles to pick up my car which needed a new battery and alternator
Temperature: yesterday it was 80 degrees! First time putting on our air conditioner and it's not even June 1st
Book: You Couldn't Ignore Me if You Tried - about John Hughes and Cameron Crowe movies. Also loved The Splendid Things We Planned
Movie: Can't recommend high enough: Short Term - it's on the list of 23 Netflix Movies You Haven't Seen.