MENU OF THE DAY:
on iTunes: Ray LaMontagne "You are the Best Thing"
Just finished reading: "Beautiful Boy" ...ANYONE struggling with children who are doing drugs, or who you think might be headed that way should read this book. I read it in 24 hours. Really well done.
Last movie watched: "Reservation Road" - i THOUGHT i had rented the Leonardo di caprio movie "Revolutionary Road". BUT in the end this movie was really good. Great acting by Joaquin Phoenix, Jennifer Connelly, and Mark Ruffalo.
Idol Stuff: Adam Lambert did not win American Idol as i wanted and expected, (along with the millions of other folks). But i'm fine with that because now he doesn't have to do the cheese. The Idol finale was one of the best Idol shows ever. Santana, Rod Stewart, Kiss, Cyndie Lauper, Queen , Black Eyed Peas, and Jason Mraz were on. Adam is indeed my favorite of any Idol ever on the seasons. Kris Allen, who won, was indeed very good, but not in the same caliper. I liked them both though. So i was not whining over Adam not winning.
(If someone knows how to link video here without the link, let me know. Here is Adam Lambert singing Sam Cooke's "A change is gonna come" - it is so freaking awesome. I rewound it immediately before the judges even spoke. There is one over the top shrieky moment, but otherwise i think it's brilliant.)
1. I was thinking that i would just come here and ask three questions: AND because it's Memorial Day i would start with .... Who are three people you are missing?
2. What are your last three favorite songs that come to mind. Not exactly your favorite in the world, but just 'current'.
3. Last three books that you read that you would recommend. (Again, not necessarily your favorite, but just books you might think others would like.)
4. Three movies you would recommend.
5. Can you list three surprises?
6. Three things you have accomplished lately.
7. Three things you would rather be doing.
8. Three favorite famous people.
9. Three famous people you cannot stand.
10. Finally three things you like about yourself.