MENU OF THE DAY:
In my glass: a porter that looks just like Coca Cola in your glass.
On iPod: Wilco's " Hate it Here".
Last good book read: "The Help" - this book and "Little Bee" are my favorite books i've read this whole year.
What's goin' on: I am on vacation until August. 7th. This blog post is about all the boring things i have been doing.
Quote: Barbara, i have been looking all over for my email about your photo of the sign about why the business was closed in Japan and i cannot find it. I even went and looked back on your Kodak link and my computer crashed again, which is why i have not been back to look at your photos. I had to start my whole blog post over. So maybe you can put it up here for me.
Last iTunes purchase: Little Feat's "Willin". Brian's band played this song at the Farmer's Market and i loved this song.
1. It's about time i have changed my blog but i can't say that summertime is my best inspiration.
2. summertime for me, is about being lazy.
3. I have read two books in two days. One was a Harlan Coben book. The other was that book called "Crazy for the Storm", a true story about a plane crash survival in the mountains. (It was not "Into Thin Air" or "Into the Wild" though.)
4. I cannot help it. I am saddened by Michael Jackson's death. And alot of my past week has been watching the CNN and E! channel on his life and death. I was like this with Princess Diana and JFK Jr's death too. I'm a celebrity death junkie and i need intervention.
5. Even when i didn't necessarily like all of his music, i never got tired of watching him move on stage. He was truly the best. My favorite video: "The way you make me feel".
6. I hate the Fourth of July more than i hate Valentine's Day and that is saying a lot.
7. A least Valentine's Day doesn't burn down houses and maim and kill people.
8. Oh God, please let Sarah Palin have her own show on Fox Network be the reason she is resigning her post. I don't like Hillary Clinton, but i REALLY REALLY cannot stand Palin and her Mr. Namby Pamby husband. It's embarrassing that she has more testoterone than he does. And they need to quit using their youngest daughter, whatever the hell her name is, as a prop.
9. ...and how about that show Kate Plus Nine? (That's what the show SHOULD be called) ...speaking of emasculated husbands......
10. So far i have not been doing much on vacation. I go for a run. Hang by the pool. One day i washed some windows. water my plants. read. cook. (I tried a couple of new dishes lately), watch Michael Jackson stuff on TV. Kylee's coming over tomorrow to spend time with me and to hang by the pool and have dinner. It's been GREAT.
11. There is nothing greater to me than unencumbered time.
OK. this is a short post today, but i may come back with more stuff. So tell us:
What are y'all doing?
What's your favorite Michael Jackson song? (Or if you don't like Michael Jackson, how about your favorite Karl Malden show?)
What are you reading or watching?