Music: Pandora.com is playing an Uncle Tupelo song on the Ryan Adams radio selection.
Book: still struggling with Pat Conroy's new book.
Favorite song these days: Mishka's Above the Bones.
The Best thing that happened this week: Good friends.
* * * * * * * * *
Taking advice from my friend Sarah, here we go. Back to normal.
1. So autumn is coming and maybe i am okay with that because it occurred to me that i am already getting tired of taking care of my patio plants.
2. It's a good thing i was never a parent. I can barely keep up with watering my hanging baskets every other day. How would i have ever make lunches for my kids when they were in elementary school?
3. Speaking of school lunches: I never ate lunch my whole senior year. i was a new kid in school and i hated the idea of sitting alone at a table. And i wasn't sure how the line worked and feared being stupid, not knowing what to do. So i saved the money.
4. Ted Kennedy. Rest in Peace.
5. I never did get that pedicure this summer.
6. What i like about autumn is i usually watch more movies. I miss watching videos. There are so many movies i want to see and it seems like i've had my netflix movies at home for a month before i send them back.
7. The netflix people either love me alot, (cause i don't cost them postage), or they are pissed because they want that top movie back so they can get it out to another customer.
8. I returned Seven Pounds without watching it. Somebody tell me if i need to get it back.
9. Some teachers are going on strike here in our state. The Letters to the Editor of course are not supportive and i have to agree. I love the duties of my job but i don't know how much longer I can continue working in a business where i feel like an outsider.
10. I also like autumn for coming up with home projects. I have been needing to paint around inside since Troy put in my new doors last May. Autumn always seems like a good time for that kind of home work.
Ok, that's all. What's on your list of stuff.