MENU OF THE DAY:
Music playing: http://www.pandora.com/ - have y'all heard of this? it's so great. You log on, plug in your favorite artist and it chooses similar music (like Genius on iTunes). Right now Counting Crows is playing the stripped version of Rain King.
Book: the new Pat Conroy, South of Broad. It started out great, but now it's starting to seem implausible. Especially the dialogue. And i'm having trouble liking some of the characters. But i will definitely finish it.
Photo: I didn't take it, Brian did. It's not recent, it's from that place we like to go on the beach at Vashon Island. But that's my little spot in the window and my book and my glass of chardonnay. (It's 180 degree view of the Puget Sound from that little spot.)
Quote: "God in his goodness sent the grape to cheer both great & small. Little fools will drink too much, big fools not at all."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Being somewhat of an anal retentive personality, I have certain rules for myself that i follow. I am not saying they are good rules by any means, nor am i saying i am always successful following them. Here they are:
1. I could never not exercise even though i don't love it one bit. So i made a rule: that I never miss more than two days of exercise in a row unless I am on a vacation trip where running just isn't an option. (it's usually a flyfishing trip where going on a run could cause me to run into a critter like a cougar or the access is lousy and unsafe.)
2. If i miss more than two days because of a vacation i make certain i run as many days in a row (and longer) for every day i missed.
3. I try and wash my hair every Wednesday and Sunday. I hate washing my hair more than anything about getting ready.
4. I make it a rule to not shop sales. (it's cause i hate shopping.)
5. If i wear eyeliner i either wear it only on top or only on the bottom. I experiment every so often but usually end up looking like Rocky Raccoon or one of those ugly bitchy looking Vanity Fair models.
6. I don't give compliments that i don't mean.
7. If i say, 'let's do lunch', you can be sure I will be calling you for lunch.
8. If you say 'let's do lunch' but you make it a habit to not follow through, i won't be cancelling even a chance to go to the dentist to make time. (Because going to the dentist every 6 months is one of my other rules.)
9. I have to straighten crooked levelor blinds and pictures on the wall, no matter where i am. Seriously, i would do it in Buckingham Palace if i had to. So If you have crooked stuff in your home, don't be surprised if i get up in the middle of the conversation to fix them. (I do that so i can go back to concentrating on what you are saying.)
10. You can count on me when you need to get a job completed.
11. You can count on me getting pissed off if you don't get your own job completed if it makes more work for me.
12. I balance my checkbook every single month, to the penny. I always know what is in my account. Sometimes i check it twice just to be sure. (Part of this comes with having been more poor in my younger years. And having always worked in accounting, with confidence i felt I could run my checkbook balance down to about 89 cents a few days before payday since i kept such close tabs. It's why i keep separate checkbooks from my past two husband(s)... )
13. Because i love wine when i drink it i try to keep it to one glass per hour. For example, if it's four hours i will have four glasses. A bottle is my limit.
14. What i don't limit is the number of books i buy, nor will i ever. I figure it's my crack cocaine and it's a lot healthier and cheaper. I think honestly i have likely spent about $300 this summer alone on books.
15. I am never late to appointments.
16. I lift free weights (8 lbs) three days a week at the minimum. I won't go over that weight because i don't want my arms to look like Madonna's.
17. I don't pray, but i make sure that i tell God Thank You.
OK, allofyall..... what rules do you have for yourself? I may come back and add some more as i think of them. Now i have to go, cause it's Sunday and i need to wash my hair.