Menu of the Day:
I took this photo to show off two things. My new slippers that Modern Hippie/Kylee referred to in a comment recently. I bought these so i can walk around sweeping up my hardwood while brushing my teeth. When they get dirty you just throw them in the wash. I don't know why everyone thinks they are hysterical. I think they are soberly practical.
Listening to: Jason Mraz's "I'm Yours". I think i am wearing this song out.
Last itunes purchase: I bought some music last night. I already forgot their titles. I'll be back.....OH yeah, State Radio's "Right Me Up" and at Kylee's request, Citizen Cope's "Left for Dead"
Book: Today, I just bought the Jon Krakauer's book about Pat Tillman's service in Afghanistan and Iraq. So far i like it. I backed off on the Teddy Kennedy autobiography. I might buy it when it comes in paperback. But after looking through it i was afraid it would be another thick book in my stack (like the Bill Clinton book) that I never wanted to finish and now it takes up too much room.
OOps: i forgot to say the second thing about my photo. The second thing is louie/louie/Sarah, my longest best friend i've ever had sewed these pajama bottoms. And as i mentioned earlier, they even have pockets!
The Best thing that happened today: I got my hair highlighted today and it looks good. I wish i could blow dry my hair like my stylist does.
1. I am thinking that i can't be working too much longer at the union job i'm doing now. Maybe one more year at the most. It might be temporary. but i don't know. I don't like the feeling.
2. the problem is it pays too well to casually leave it behind and the benefits are too awesome.
3. the other thing is i don't know how to do anything else but work in education. And i'm not sure it's better anywhere else.
4. I wish i could take a sabbatical.
5. But i don't think they would give sabbaticals to someone who just wants to lay around all day watching the HG channel or reading books.
6. I should have gone into editing for a major publisher. Wouldn't that be so cool to read for a living? LOL.
7. I think i want the job at iTunes who decides about the Just for You section. That if you like Joe Cocker, well then i bet i can find some Tom Petty songs that you might like too. Same with books. I could do that too. If you like Ciderhouse Rules, chances are you will like Prince of Tides. that sort of thing.
8. Better yet, i can come up with names for new wines. If there already is a Fat Bastard then there should be a Skinny Bitch; If there is a Working Girl Red, there should be a Streetwise Chick Shiraz; how about Freefall, or Overtime or Reminisce (did i spell that correctly?)
i'll think of more later,
9. Please add your own ideas for wines!
10. Ok, that's all i got for tonight.