Saturday, February 27, 2010
jojo's Satisfying Saturday. Plus Ms. Hippie's New Husband I Found for Her!
Menu of the Day:
Time Starting this blog: 3:56 pm.
iTunes playing: Catch my Disease by Ben Lee
In my glass: I'm celebrating that I just finished getting our taxes done so Brian just poured a Frei Brothers chardonnay for me. (First glass, first sip.)
Book: OMG, i LOVE this book, it's about Election 2008, a behind the scenes look at all of the campaigns. Game Change is the title and it's written by Mark Halperin (Time magazine editor) and John Heilemann writer for the New Yorker, Wired and The Economist). You cannot believe what is written about John and Elizabeth Edwards for starters! (I haven't gotten to Palin and McCain yet.) And Bill Clinton does not come off well at all, not that i was expecting that. (Is there a more narcissitic person on the planet than Bill? ....well maybe John Edwards, according to these writers.)
What i keep forgetting: To make that appointment for our will.
About the video: I found a new husband for Kylee/Ms Hippie! Obviously this is from American Idol and this is my pick this year. He is so cute. Casey James is his name and if you look closely, sometimes he has an almost Brad Pitt kind of look. I think it's his smile. If you watch to the end, the judges are rather funny too. Not sure how he will do with all the genres, but so far i love him best. The other good Idols are two chicks: Crystal Bowersox (with the blonde dreads) and Lilly Scott (super over blonde straight hair).
In the news: the earthquake in Chile (what the hell is happening to our planet?) and Hawaii's possible tsunami (please weigh in Island Pearl!); We had a school shooting in Tacoma yesterday by a guy who stalked this teacher since their college days. He shot and killed her in the school parking lot. The police officers killed him as he was on the run; David Geffen is the subject of Carly Simon's You're So Vain song. (hmmm makes sense now that i think about it, but i really did believe it was about Warren Beatty) Joni Mitchell wrote about him too with Free Man in Paris; and Apolo Ono won 8 Olympic medals!
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
1. I started out having a nice unencumbered day. But then i decided to vacuum. And the vacuum is in the closet on top of the trunk where all my important papers are. So once i was finished vacuuming i figured i may as well dig out my 2008 taxes from the trunk now before i put the vacuum back in the closet. This got me to open up my 1099s and W-2s in the drawer to compare the two years. Which in turn got me to load up my 2009 Turbo Tax cd.... and before you know it i was doing my taxes!
2. Getting my taxes completed is enough reason to feel good, but to find out for the FIRST time since we got married that we are getting money back was very special! (It's because last year we both had more taken out and i overestimated by how much was needed as i was only trying to break even.)
3. I watched Lost last night but can't add to the discussion of Lostie groupies. I'm very confused about the show and just watch it to be watching. I am tired of trying to figure out what it all means anymore. Jack has a son. I am not sure what year this Sideways Lost time-frame we are in because the kid is pretty old. At least old enough to already be pissed off at his dad. And i don't think i saw the kid wearing an iPod at all so maybe this is the future - like 2014 and iPods are obsolete already.
4. I started bowling last week and my first game i bowled a 164! I used to be so excited when i broke 100. I also bowled a 133 and a 117 with my last game. I wish we only had to bowl two games in the league a night because i get pretty tired by the last frame. (could be the mac n jack beers).
5. I'm not really a beer drinker (unless it's summer) so I once drank red wine while bowling. But somehow wine and bowling don't mix. (It's like bringing pate and brie to a BBQ. ) I never broke a hundred that night.
6. I told my husband that i think i should quit my union job and take bowling lessons and then turn semi-pro. He's not buying it.
7. During bowling i whipped out my little office purse sized paper calendar to enter a date and friends of mine started laughing at my calendar (because they all have smartphones). So i said i think that the smartphone is going to weaken all of yer brains because you don't have to keep details or phone numbers in your head, you simply scroll through your phone. And what happens if you lose said phone? And forget all your friend's birthdays. So not only are you not exercising your brain cells, you are losing friends!
8. I had one of the phones that i call the drug dealer phones. Brian got it for me for emergencies. But i thought the $50 phone card minutes would last forever and i was fully prepared for having that phone for years without using all the minutes. Only it doesn't work that way. It has an expiration and i lost all the minutes.
9. I was actually very happy not to be carrying that phone around anymore. (though pissed off at losing the minutes we paid for.)
10. I just looked at the time and see it is 4:22 and this blog takes far too much time for not being all that creative. (I blame it on only having a half glass so far.) At the same time i am also shopping to spend my last $2.72 in iTunes before i load up my new card i got yesterday. did i mention earlier i bought a Chris Pureka Driving North cd a week ago? It is really good.
11. OK, it is now 4:32 and i still haven't found my rhythm, (so i might come back and add some more later) nor have i spent my $2.72. So i think i'll go back to reading my book because Elizabeth is going to find out very soon that the rumors are true about Rhiell (sp?) Hunter (Edwards "videographer")
Check out the video!