Friday, April 16, 2010
Very Random Stuff Because It's Friday & I'm too Lazy to be Organized
Menu of the Day:
In my glass: Concannon Chardonnay. VERY nice.
Music: Brian is BBQing and is playing some weird Cajun music that i do not recognize. (Nor do i like it.)
Book: I am in the middle of a couple of books i am not crazy about. Brian is reading the Matterhorn book which I bought for him to take to Sedona. It's about Vietnam and in one page i was hooked. I want to read that book but i am waiting for him to finish. Probably it will be around Christmas.
Last iTunes purchase: Natalie Merchant's new two cd set.(equeyaya, there is a song on there for you! It's called Equestrienne.) The cd may take some time getting used to. It's very blue grassy. Not my favorite...yet, but i do like the horse song.
Re: American Idol - still loving Casey James. I hoped y'all watched my Jealous Guy video from a couple of posts ago. He did a great Elvis theme night too. I also hope he doesn't win. I think it will ruin his talent.
OK, on with the random stuff
1. Photos: I started this post with the subject Stuff i Like, (hence, the photos) but decided i wasn't in the mood to talk about only stuff i like & i didn't feel like looking for new photos.
The first one is of my nieces and nephews (though my sister's daughter, my oldest niece, Jessica is missing from the photo.) I took this photo...i believe in 1994. Kylee/Modern Hippie is the one up front looking perturbed. Josh is in the background wearing Kylee's sister's glasses (he looks so happy!) ; Kylee's sister Ashley is second from left; Josh's brother Brian in on the far right. (i've posted about him here before too. ) My sister's son Chris is on the far left. This photo hangs framed in my bedroom. Next photo: i like our little condo abode with it's hardwood floors; Wine label: Oh, this Darby wine is a wonderful viognier/rousanne blend. (I traveled all the way to the north end to Metro Market to buy a bottle for tonight, only to find that it's on order.); Last photo: I love snow and i love the peace symbol - (kills two birds)
2. I am still watching Lost. and i am still not convinced I will get it when it's done. I think what i might do this summer is watch all seasons on Netflix in a row and then i think it will make sense to me . I did this with West Wing once in the mornings when i woke up and it was so much fun.
3. Just once i would like someone on Lost to say something like this:
"Is today Wednesday or Thursday?"
4. It occurred to me that the MOST redeeming characters on Lost are the characters who in real life might be discriminated against : Hurley (for being obese AND being committed for mental illness); Nerdy (Benjamin and Daniel); Sayid (for being Iraqi); Rose (for being black); John Locke (the REAL Locke, for being disabled at one time), Jin & Sun (Asian); Sawyer (criminal). this came to me one night when i couldn't sleep and my mind was racing. And i did think i might be on to something until i tried to think ...was there a gay character? .... and i don't believe there is one. So there you go. theory dismissed.
5. This is why i can't view Lost intellectually. I can't think or search that deep. I am a 'what you see is what you get' kind of person. ( Lost is Lotsa work. )
6. After my really good games & my 127 average I bowled a 73 last week. I think my idea of having a bowling career is over.
7. I wish my blood pressure was the same as my bowling score.
8. We started getting the newspaper again. (It's too hard to read online. Plus the obituaries don't show the photos and that's what i look at first.) Anyway lately i've noticed what seems to be an increase in litigious people. First, i read about the families of the four police officers who were murdered in the coffee shop. The families were suing our county for nearly 200 million dollars because the jails weren't monitoring phone calls where threats were made. (You heard about this murder last Thanksgiving season if you watch CNN and Anderson Cooper - the suits have since been dropped with three families. ) It made me crazy. The person responsible who should be sued is the dude who KILLED them (but he's dead now). But that's not the only lawsuit. Another lawsuit is a family from Russia who is suing for the murder of their daughter. And there are others too. Is it the economy? Or did i just not notice before?
9. The backlash for the police officer lawsuit was so great when it was filed because the community had supported those families big time, including more than $2 million in donations. ( I thought the best argument against this lawsuit was that every family of every soldier who died in Afghanistan and Ft. Lewis should sue the government.)
10. Then i wondered.... where does it stop - suing for what you don't feel is right, suing for entitlement from the wrong source? Shoot, maybe we should sue our parents for stuff we don't like about ourselves because of their DNA! Yeah!
11. And i thought, i would like to sue my mom for having large pores. And my allergies and high blood pressure.
12. I think that is worth about 15 million dollars.
13. Maybe i should sue God instead. He must have deeper pockets than my parents, right?
13. Ok, i think i'm done. What are your random unorganized thoughts?