Tuesday, June 1, 2010
What Makes Sense in the World...
Menu of the Day:
YouTube: This is a deleted scene from Pirate Radio that has one of the funniest and coolest dance scenes (To the tune of Stones' Get off of My Cloud). It's worth watching all the way through. The subject line here comes from this scene.
Music: Chris Pureka, Silo
Book: I just finished Hippie/Kylee's The Kitchen Readings about Hunter S. Thompson. I read it within 24 hours. I loved it. Brian's reading it now. Now i'm reading that Jodi Picoult House Rules book about a kid with Asbergers.
In my glass: Fresca with a splash of cranberry juice.
The best thing that happened: I finally found a makeup foundation that works with my skin. I've been searching since i found out at Christmas that they were discontinuing my Estee Lauder color. I tried their compact creme foundation and i love it alot! Also going to the Mandolin Cafe on Sunday and listening to open mic with Brian, my brothers and Kylee was a best thing. And Lee Dwyze winning American Idol was AOK with me.
What i keep forgetting: I forget.
Quote: What's the point in a secret if you can't tell someone? -- Pirate Radio
1. These will be fairly short because i am not feeling witty or energetic at all.
2. I think it has something to do with 10 days of rain and clouds in a row. I took 2 hour naps every day of our long weekend.
3. I was going to put away my winter clothes and get out the summer things but i still need my winter things.
4. Who was it that said the coldest winter was the summer they spent in the Pacific Northwest? Or something to that effect. I think it was a famous person.
5. Why do i live here?
6. Don't laugh, but i actually bought another can of paint of paint today. ONLY a quart. Brian and i both decided i need to lighten the color of the one terra cotta-y colored kitchen wall so i'm using the lighter color i have used elsewhere in the kitchen. But i still love the terra cotta color in the halls.
7. You would think i live in a 5,000 sq foot home for all the painting i've been doing. But it's tiny, only 1000 sq feet.
8. I am SHOCKED by Al and Tipper's separation! Shocked i tell you! Who would have thunk the Clintons would stay together and they would break up?
9. I had nothing to do with their split, even though i used to refer myself as the "Gore Whore" back in 2000.
10. If i were going to do a politician, it certainly wouldn't be Al. i think i would pick Rahm Emanuel or Harold Ford Jr., though technically HFJr isn't employed as a politician anymore.
11. I almost can't watch Anderson Cooper in the Gulf anymore. It's sickening to see what is happening to my poor homeborn state of Louisiana.
12. If you were asked the question, What does make sense in the world? How would you respond?