Menu of the Day:
In my glass: Woop Woop Shiraz (it's from Australia) (second glass). LOVE this wine. Love the title!
Listening to: Citizen Cope's "Healing Hands' (LOVE this song so much that i have two copies of it in my iTunes library
Movie Rec: I want eveyone to watch "It's Kind of a Funny Story". I LOVED this movie. It's got the Zac (burly bearded dude carrying the baby from The Hangover) and this wonderful new young actor. Troy recommended this to me. It's such a good movie.
The Best Thing : I'm moving forward and finalizing everything for our remodel. I liked the bid i got for the tiling and sheetrock. I liked the bid I got for the Corian for our kitchen and bathroom. I'm ready to roll. Can't wait.
The Next Best Thing: i got to see my favorite friends in the world this week. Sarah/louie and i had a nice dinner at Marzanos and then to a place that had 'wine on tap'. Then Modern Hippie/Kylee and Julie came over for my famous Marcella Italian lasagne and wine so Kylee could help us out with remodel/interior design stuff. (Julie's remodeling too).
OK, on with the randomness. As usual i have no idea what's on my mind or what i will write.
1. Sometimes you have to splurge on good stuff. Just yesterday i bought a very nice extra virgin olive oil at my favorite H & L Produce place. I usually use my usual Costco Kirkland kind, which is okay, but this Sotte Voce EVO makes dishes pop.
2. I also bought flowers for myself. Splurging is important. Especially when it has been raining five days in a row.
3. Yesterday it rained with these misty hard little prickly raindrops. When i went running it almost hurt because it blew right into my face. And when i came back and looked in the mirror my mascara had run down my face and i looked like a barfly who had been crying in her beer all night.
4. I can only hope that this make-up mishap happened AFTER the cute guy asked me for directions to the Oakbrook Country Club.
5. The thing about running where i live is that i am not lying when i say i get asked for directions at least once or twice a month. Everyone gets lost in Oakbrook. In fact when i moved here i was lost running for an hour before i found my way home after dark. And ironically when that happened i had a car stop and ask me for directions.
6. I recently discovered The Decemberists. I love their song, "Down by the Water". Can't hear it enough. I need to buy more of them, but i just checked and i only have $2.86 in my account.
7. I have had a great lazy day. I watched the HG channel for most of it. I wish Holmes from Holmes on Home and the Brian guy from DIY Disaster were in my family.
8. Oh yeah...Wine on tap....i was skeptical ...but it was good!
9. Slow News Days are good. After Japan's disaster i think we can all use the reprieve.
come and tell us about your slow news. (Or fast news too...that works.) I don't have a photo to put up right now, but maybe later.