1. My dad always uses the phrase 'shooting the breeze' which means you're just casually talking about shit that has nothing to do with anything really. And that's what this blog has mostly been about.
3. I have been hiding out in my bedroom when i get home to get away from the mess. In one week i have read THREE books. I read the new Rob Lowe book and the new Chelsea Handly book that Brian got me as part of my bday presents. I also finished another Chelsea book (the "are you there vodka, it's me Chelsea") I haven't laughed out loud at a book since i read Mash.
4. Thank GAWD my partial kitchen remodel didn't make me lose my corkscrew. (Though if it did i could always google that video Julie sent me that showed how you could open a bottle of wine with an Italian loafer. Not that my husband owns any Italian loafers,but i'm sure we could find something that would work besides bowling shoes.)
5. Lately i've noticed that i really like those screwcap wines. I'm getting too lazy i think. McManus makes an awesome chardonnay (I just poured a glass) and i was so happy not to have to open it up. I'm exhausted from all the touchup painting that i had to do today.
6. I think i should work in a paint store when i retire. I can at least get a discount. Because i realize now that my tile is up that my new blue paint in my bathroom (that i painted and repainted last year) is not going to work after all. I dread painting a bathroom, yet again. This will be the fourth time i painted a bathroom within 12 months.
7. Yesterday Brian went out and finished up my bicycle accessories. I wanted a basket and one of those little cheesy bells like little girls have on their bikes. AND fenders. And he got me all that. Plus a Kryptonite bike lock. I wanted the basket and the bells because i don't want anyone to get the idea that i am riding this bike for exercise.
8. I look like a Ninja Turtle in my bike helmet. i hate it alot. it's hard to look cute in a bike helmet. Even if i do have a cute little head.
9. Yesterday i went to our state capitol to help lobby our legislator in our district. His name is T r o y K e l l e y . I like his name because it is my brother and my sister's name. However i am not sure i like the politician. He says all the right stuff when we see him. But he's a bit of a namby pamby Democrat. And just in case he likes to Google his name i put spaces in between because he knows who i am. Anyway we're doing what we can to be pro-active so that our state doesn't become a Wisconsin and Michigan, and Idaho, and all those others. Anyway, what was really cool was the state capitol! for all my political stuff i have never been inside and in the balcony to see the action. It's a beautiful and amazing building. It was quite a nice day.
10. The legislative session is supposed to be done on Wednesday, the same day as my remodel.
11. Hey, how about that Non-Rapture???? Maybe May 21st really is the true day of the Rapture and God is pissed off enough at all of us so he's keeping us all down here. I guess we all better start worrying about Oct. 15, if that's the case.
12. If i were God. That's what i would do. Say to hell with all of you.
13. I was only a teeny tiny bit afraid that i would be Raptured up. I'm a nice person even though i am not the best Christian, but i would hope i would get Raptured up before Ted Bundy or Tammy Faye Baker. (I might even be nicer than that Kirk Cameron. I know it might not always seem like it from this blog, but God knows what is in my heart...) But the truth is, I do NOT want to go where those born again Jesus freaks go or any of those people who paid big bucks to put up those billboards, so i was never worried at all about having to be left behind.
14. Besides.....i don't like traveling. Jesus and God know this.
15. Brian told me he put up some photos of me on my new bike where i look like a Ninja turtle but i didn't find them on Facebook. When i do find them, i'll add it here.