The reason i say this is because i have been hanging out in a hotel room suite (with a full kitchen) on this assignment this week and it's kind of cool. (EXCEPT i really miss my fabulous high thread count sheets!...and my down pillow too.)
I am working a little bit longer hours. Today i got back here after 7:00 and turned on the TV to Friends marathon on Nickelodeon and just poured a glass of wine. And before i go to bed i'll email Brian and maybe read. No chores whatsoever.... I think i could like doing this every once in awhile, but not too much or i would miss my husband. But temporary hotel living goes along with my lazybones self. Last night i got Red Lobster takeout cause it was a walk down the street. I expected it to be a lame meal on par with Olive Garden, but it was actually a pretty nice shrimp and lobster half size order of pasta. I might go back there tomorrow.
I keep trying to keep reusing my towels by folding them all nicely but the maid won't let me. She keeps taking them and replacing them. I wonder maybe if i didn't tip her every day if she would let me be more environmental! lol. (Don't tell Al! I always tell my husband i'm telling Al when he throws tin cans in the garbage instead of the recycle.)
About the commercial video: I LOVE Dean Winters from the Mayhem like Me commercials and my new TV obsession of Rescue Me where he plays the Irish cop brother Johnny Gavin to firefighter Denis Leary's deeply flawed character Tommy Gavin.
OK on with the regular randomness (no Menu of the Day today)....
1. I am watching Anderson Cooper right now. Isn't it weird that it was 10 whole years ago since 9-11? Have i mentioned on here that i think Dr. Sanjay is kind of hot?
2. Having said that i don't really want to commemorate this day. I don't like thinking of the dates when loved ones died either. And when i see those shrines on fences or the side of the road where people died in car accidents i don't get it. I would rather leave flowers where they were born. or better yet where they were conceived! ;)
3. I am reading Hotel at the Corner of Bitter and Sweet right now. Is anyone else reading this? Did you like it if you did? I just am getting into it. If i haven't already said, i read A LOT of books this summer. And i would pick Cutting for Stone as my very favorite of all.
4. I still don't know much about what my union is doing and i'm still in a state of unknown. They are still bargaining. It's surprising me how i am not obsessing about this and just waiting for whatever happens. The date may get extended to Sept. 19th i hear. i still haven't heard from the school district on the school secretary job that I applied for.
5. Is Amanda Knox guilty? They just showed her on CNN because she's back in court. I don't know. I think i would like to read the book and decide. If she wasn't so pretty and this wasn't a sex murder, would this even be on CNN?
6. That's a jury i would NOT want to be on. Or maybe i would be. Is it in Italy right? I could just get my Xanax filled so i could get on the plane and then get myself sequestered in a HOTEL! And maybe later get myself interviewed by Anderson Cooper and write a book!
7. It was 96 degrees here today! The hottest day all year that i've had. I was inside writing newsletters and working on a database for the union i'm helping right now so i never really felt it. But i did decide not to run, which was my plan.
8. I am rather happy that it's fall and back to school now. I wish the autumn season just lasted longer and winter was about 8 weeks shorter. That would be just about perfect. I could never live where it's always warm and sunny.
9. I'm going to sign off cause this is boring. I'll post when i know more about my future. I'm trying not to let it weigh on my mind, but i think it is and it's kind of messing with my mojo.