List 10 things.
- List 10 things that you want to keep.
- List 10 things that you want to lose.
(Don't list the obvious, like your family, we all know that's a given. )
Here are mine.... And i have to say i am going into this knowing i already don't know what i might say beyond #1 and #2..
What i Want to Keep:
1. My belief about standing up for what i believe in, even when i know someone, maybe many people, might think i am wrong.
2. My ability to run. i know this is related to health, but it's something i've done for more than half my life (31+ years) and when that day comes that i can no longer run, i know that will be a hard day.
3. I want to keep all things that are in my trunk. My trunk is filled with letters, thank you cards, emails from my nieces Kylee, Ashley, and Brian and Josh, writings from when i was in high school, letters from my dad when he was on military leave in Japan away from us, homework from my civics class where i gave my opinions about politics at the age of 17.
4. I really want to keep my books. Even the ones in storage.
5. And my iTunes library. All 5400+ tunes.
6. I have a pasta bowl i really really love. I hate to think that it might break one day. And i hate to think that someone other than myself would break it cause i don't want to hold it against them. (That's why i always choose to wash it) It's stupid i know, but i love that bowl.
7. I am not a jewelry person at all whatsovever. But my first husband bought me a set of Mikimoto pearls that are the best piece of jewelry i own. I don't wear them. But i like that they are somewhat of a heirloom. And i want them because i want to leave them to my niece Ashley . She doesn't even have to wear them. (Or maybe she could as a bracelet).) I just want to leave her an heirloom. One oldest daughter to another.
8. My husband said i should say i would love to keep my journals. But the truth is i am not sure, I wrote those in a past life that i don't really care to revisit and i would rather not lose the stuff i wrote here on my blog more than what i wrote in my journals from decades ago.
So i think i only have 8 thinks i want to keep.
Here are 7 things i want to lose: (I tried to do 10, but i can't)
1. I want to lose this feeling of not knowing what my future will bring.
2. I wouldn't mind losing this iMac computer right now because it's becoming apparent to me that it's not all that after all until i learn it.
3. I want to lost that attitude that i don't like learning things.
4. I wouldn't mind losing one of our three vehicles. Not mine, of course. But i wish my husband would get rid of one of his two cars and make a decision soon about buying a new one. This has gone on for over a year and a half now.
5. I would like to lose my Facebook account. I wouldn't miss it at all. i think.
6. I would hate to lose my eyesight. Shoot me now because it means i can't read.
7. i would hate to lose the money i have been saving for so long by whatever reason. The stock market, unemployment, posting bail for murder. i love having money in savings.
I don't think i can do a number 8,
Ten is obviously too many for me. Maybe it is for you too. Try to do 5 things if you can't do 10.