Feb. 20, 2012 - The top two photos are un-retouched taken in my bathroom with the skylight where the previous one was taken. Also added is the EXACT same photo i brought in with Drew Barrymore's reddish hair. So how Celeste can argue that she gave me exactly what i was asking for makes no sense. Also she claimed never to have seen the Drew Barrymore photo, though it was the largest of all and the girl at the desk said that she had seen that very same one.
In addition to Drew's photo I also had a couple of photos from the actress who played the oldest daughter of George Clooney in The Descendants. The photos taken today don't look a whole lot different from the others, but they really are lighter. (and you have to remember the earlier ones I had already tried washing out the color), You almost had to see the other hair in person to understand how flat and lifeless it was.
It is still too long and that is my next appointment. To cut off a few inches. But not short. I don't think i can handle much more change!
I'll change this blog very soon but i didn't want to put a new hair one. Thanks y'all for weighing in!
Ok, i tried to do the rainbows and the Good Stuff and the very magical snowy village photos from our historical Ice Storm of 2012....but i realize that when i turn things positive nobody posts.
Let's be honest. When we all say we hate negative political ads, we are lying. Because the truth is we listen to them And we vote by them too. Well probably nobody who posts here falls for that shit, because we are too smart. But there are far too many Americans do vote for candidates based on negative ads.
It's just way more fun to listen and respond and relate to stuff that pisses you off. So here we go, forget the Menu of The Day. What's your gripe? Here are mine:
1. When i FINALLY have some money in my iTunes account ($15.19) i seem to never be unable to find music i want to buy. And for gawd's sake, because i buy one stupid Graham Nash song, every single time that David Crosby/Graham Nash collaboration "Wind on the Water" keeps showing up over and over in my Recs. I do NOT want that music but yet it shows up every time i log on.
2. (The song i bought was "Be Yourself" which came out in 1971.)
3. When i have only .02 cents in my account is when i want to buy lots of music! And so i find myself in my sweatpants and slippers, no make-up and my hair in a twisted mess in the Albertson's store at 10:30 at night buying a $25 gift card cause i was hanging out on iTunes on a night home alone and ran out of money and just had to buy some more. ITune Crack Whore. That's what i am.
4. The good news is when i actually did do that one time i did not run into anyone i knew.
5. This is going to sound like a mean one: When the city i live in a couple of years ago lost four police officers in a Forza coffee shop because they were shot down by a crazed gunman, it made even Anderson Cooper news. Because of that, the donations for the family started pouring in big time. Really big time. Millions of dollars.
I never donated and never wanted to donate (and i may have even mentioned this in the blog somewhere at the time why). For one thing the pension would cover their families better than many pensions because they were on the job when they died. That makes the pension even more in the union. Also the kids were immediately offered free college tuition at more than one place. But i kept thinking about the soldiers in our area being killed who didn't get this outpouring of money for the officers. So i didn't donate.
And today the Breaking News was that one of their very own officers has embezzled at least $120,000 of that donated money. (Gambling is listed as one of the reasons, not hard to believe.) Because so much of the donations were in cash they can't even be sure about how much cash was stolen. I will never donate money as an emotional response to causes like this unless it is something like Red Cross and i would caution others to do so. Those obituaries written with requests of donations to the immediate family in 'lieu of flowers' should also be avoided, at least be wary of them. I have personal experience with the turmoil and fights that causes families when that happens. (Who gets to be in charge? How to spend the money? etc. etc.) Grief brings out opportunities. Not always good ones. Sometimes it's better to give flowers and the family will actually be better off.
6. Ok, so now we have Santorum Rising. Seriously? (This is actually the most fun i've ever had watching the Republican bid for the White House!) If Obama can't beat any of these clowns, we really have a problem and i might want to lobby Gingrich to get that Moon Colony ready.
7. I keep posting on Facebook even as i want to deactivate my account. Now i have so much stupid stuff on my newsfeed that i feel like i must restart it all over. These people who post about their kids as if they were a life source in the way that not talking about them deprives them of oxygen is totally pissing me off. One 'friend' posts about her son and it's oogy to me. Almost like he is her quasi-husband since she doesn't have one. I'm telling you, some of those FB mothers need to get a life outside their kids.
8. The reason i will never buy Facebook stock is because those very MOMs are going to bring Facebook down. There i said it. I will most likely be wrong about Facebook just as i was about Rick Perry being the nominee (THANK GOD i was wrong on that one!) but if the moms are taking it over with their kids' sniffles, and awards, and , it's dead.
9. Speaking of moms. How about those One Million Moms who are upset with Ellen because she is a JC Penny's spokesman? Thank goodness Penny's is sticking by here. At least as of this writing.
9. Having said that, i do like some of the political updates on Facebook and i do like the music links mostly, and some of the quotes (as long as i they aren't the affirmation-y, build youself up pep talk kind of quote), and the photos and the breaking news. I heard about the Josh Powell story blowing up his house with his two kids by checking Facebook on my Kindlefire. I had followed that story so it was shocking to see it appear on my news feed.
10. I know i have more, but this is already too long and i know too long for Smartphone readers. I've been trying to make it shorter, but it's hard for me! What is pissing you off these days? What are your gripes?
Notes to self:
Sunset: 5:23 pm
Blog Pageviews All Time: 25,858
Page views today: 21
Longest run this week: 1 hour: 16 min.