Monday, May 14, 2012
On the eve of my 55th birthday. 1 minute video added from my friend Julie/JJ (her students)
May 16 - JJ/Julie is my very good friend, the elementary music teacher who posts here sometime and this is the second year that she shot a video of her kids doing a birthday tribute in between their fancy dancing. I love the part at the end where they do the Farmer's Insurance jingle. They are all cute but the kid in plaid really cracks me up! I love her subtitles too.
1. This is a big week for me! I turn 55 tomorrow. I meet with those writers who invited me to join them for their monthly get togethers on Saturday and I run my half-marathon on Sunday.
2. I don't like to celebrate my birthday, but i do like celebrating running this race. Assuming i finish and all that. Which i'm pretty sure that i will. I have no idea how long it will take me. (I'm hoping not more than 2 and half hours. I'm going to try and shoot for 2 hours 15 minutes .)
3. I don't mind turning 55 years old. I never minded turning 40 or turning 50 either. However, i do have to say i don't think i will like turning 60 at all.
4. I remember when i was 11 years old my grandfather Pop from Morgan City died. He was 61 years old. I remember thinking that it was his time to go because he was old!
5. I am reading John Irving's new book. It just occurred to me why i can never keep a spreadsheet list of the books i read. I LOVE Excel spreadsheets but i just can't seem to keep one going for books and the reason is i can never remember the damn titles of the books, even as i might remember the author.
6. I just went and looked at it, it's called In One Person.
7. When i write a book i'm going to make sure it has an unforgettable title.
8. I'll think of one next time i'm drinking wine. It's hard for me to be creative when i am not.
9. I got to meet Amanda who posts here often and Amy (who just started posting) last Friday at Brian's work event!.... it was so great to meet with them in person! (I don't count meeting Amanda before our blogging years because it was so brief.) Brian took a photo of Amanda and me. When he sends it to me i'll put it up on my blog.
9. It was 81 degrees today which is so amazing for us! Last year we didn't get into the 80 degree mark until mid-July. So this is very fun. I got my patio all planted and i've already sat outside. The chickadee baby birds are born and it's fun to watch the parents bring them little worms. When they do the little baby birds sound so twinkly, like tiny little bells ringing.
10. I love our annual chickadee family. They used to get upset with us when we sat outside so Brian moved the bird house they love into the tree. They never inhabited it that summer. So we moved it back and moved it to the opposite end and they are back and don't even mind when i am sitting outside.
11. Ok, now i sound like an old lady, talking about her birds. It's already happening! Yikes. On that note i'll sign off. I need to go switch out my summer and winter clothes. It's been on my list for weeks!
(I just realized i numbered these wrong which reminds me of a beloved yaya from the old Gumbo message board. For ummagumma, i always think of you when i think of number 9. )