|Hawks vs SF Playoffs with the Louvrak family at my brother's Rocfish bar|
|My niece Ashley in middle, her fiance Eddie and my brother Scott after the win|
I enjoy people who do not play it careful and are passionate to a fault. I get a kick out of confidence bordering on arrogance as long as the person backs it up with the real talent. And it doesn't hurt that Sherman was an honors student at Stanford (and second in his high school class). Also he is beautiful, fluid and graceful on the field. He reminds me of Muhammed Ali who i used to love when i was in junior high and high school.
1. Best Purchase: iPad Air! It is worth every penny - $668 total. I can now live blog the Academy Awards next month. I was going to wait but then decided that while i often spend money on the house, i don't on just myself.
2. Looking Forward to: SuperBowl of course. AND Bowling!
3. Accomplishment: finally got my photos organized and off memory cards. i had 1274 on my Nikon D90; 300+ on my Coolpix. They are now in appropriate files, copied in two places on a Passport drive. I have to do better at getting them off earlier so it's not such a chore.
4. Other Accomplishment: I felt like such a slug after the holidays and after all the bad eating and drinking i've been on a kick with No Weekday Wine and Brian's de-tox diet cooking. What i've discovered is that it's not difficult, except i realize how often i would have poured a glass after getting home if not for my resolution. While not an addiction, it can easily become a habit for me. I used to do the same thing, looking for a snack the minute i came in the door. I'm doing this in January to retrain the habit.
5. Addiction: HOWEVER, the one thing i actually seem to be addicted to is FRESCA. I didn't buy it for about a week but then broke down. I first told myself i wouldn't drink it at night, but i still do. I bought oranges to add to my water hoping that would satisfy. It didn't.
5. Everything Good is Bad: I recently read on Facebook from louie's son Nick a list of foods you should toss out of your frig: mayo, butter, margarine, pickles, diet soda, yogurt, processed meats and cheeses. I have all of those things in the frig. At least now i have kale, bok choy, broccoli, cauliflower too!
|My new sofa with new Pottery Barn pillows|
Notes to Self:
Sunrise: 7:49 am
Sunset: 4:55 pm (This is 16 minutes MORE daylight since last week!)
Word Count: 498 words
Word Count: 498 words