Friday, February 13, 2015
Jojo's Self Help Book Chapter Titles
Anyway i came up with many of these chapter ideas a couple of nights ago at 3 in the morning and wrote them down in NOTES on my iPad. Then i got to thinking what we all came up with ideas for a self help book and then actually tackled them one by one, all of us offering our own advice? What do you think?
Anyway, here is what i came up with for starters: (Disclaimer: I mostly have no ideas for the advice just yet, just the titles. So just make them up. Ask yourself: What do people need advice on most?)
1. What not to say at funerals.
2. Always use this alibi when caught doing something bad.
3. How to talk yourself out of a speeding ticket when you're not so cute anymore.
4. A better way to piss off an asshole without having to kill them.
5. Three easy ways to make your house look clean when it isn't.
6. How to write a sympathy card for someone you don't really know that well.
7. How to get over Writer's Block. (My idea on how to get over this i will list right now in case i forget later: Pull two cards from the Cards Against Humanity box and then start writing).
8. Extracting yourself from a boring person at a party without coming across as a douchebag.
9. The best appetizer to bring to a party when you're uncertain of the kind of party it is.
10. Respond this way when someone tells you a racist/sexist joke.
11. Things you need to quit doing on Facebook.
12. Don't ever say this when talking about your child's accomplishments/mistakes.
13. How to compliment someone when you don't want to sound phony but also don't want to be mean.
Notes to Self:
Word Count: 395
Weather yesterday: high: 61 degrees; low: 45 (broke record highs this week!)
Sunrise/sunset: 7:19 am; 5:31 pm (24 more minutes of daylight since last week's post!)
Book: My 3rd Kristina Riggle book this week: The Things We Didn't Say. After this it's back to Fall of the Giants
Longest Run: 43 minutes. My plantar fasciitis in my right foot is recovered. Left knee is still bothersome.
Number of cat photos hidden on Facebook: 3
Number of cat photos i shared myself: 2
Bad News: Jon Stewart leaving The Daily Show
Good News: Mitt Romney is not going to run for President in 2016.