MENU OF THE DAYMusic: Amy Winehouse's "Rehab"Beverage: This really good Washington red with a migrant worker on the label.
Mood: A tiny bit enebriated. (OK. more than a tiny bit.)Exercise: I have run for three days in a row during my lunch hour this week, which means i have run 5 days in a row.Book: That DAMN Edgar Sawtelle book again. ( I cannot wait for it to be over!)
What I am cooking: Cook's Illustrated Beef Stroganoff
Recent iTunes purchase: "Stick to the Shallows" by Tea Leaf Green
YouTube of The Week: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqiYAp4hxAU&feature=related (I'm not gonna tell y'all what it is. You have to look! ....it's only about 2 minutes.)
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *1. Tonight our friend Keith is over for fly-tying & i cooked. (This photo is me ...tonight .)
2. I watched American Idol yesterday. I really do not want to be sucked in unless y'all are dying for it. So i think i might pass on blogging about it until it gets close to the end. (I DO however like the new judge.) I took hand written notes on only four people yesterday. The gal in the bikini who auditioned who made it through is the one i will LOVE to hate. I did like the blind dude at the end of the show. (And the oil rigger guy too.)
3. I forget the 4th person, so i'm sure whoever that person is will be gone by Hollywood.
4. I cannot remember where i found this, but i wrote it down. It's a quote by Kurt Cobain: "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not"
5. My favorite song by Nirvana: I have to tell the truth. I only have one: Smells Like Teen Spirit. It try to be a cool 50 year old suburbian and want to like the stuff that the masses don't know, but truth is: I am that suburban 50 year old chick.
6. I like to think i am cooler than Laura Bush. I'm thinking I might even be cooler than Caroline Kennedy. But i cannot say for sure. (What i do know is that i am smart enough to know that i am probably not cooler than Michelle Obama.)
7. I would LOVE to go out for chardonnay with Michelle. Wouldn't you?
9 Actually i think i would love to go out with Caroline too. (But not Laura.) Only I think Caroline seems like the type who probably orders only one glass of non-descript white wine... (or worse... a cup of earl grey tea. ) And i so hate knocking back chardonnays by myself with folks who are drinking some prissy libation.
10. So i think i am going to hang out with Kennedys at all.....well.... it's gotta be Teddy!
11. (Besides at HIS age. ... he'll think I'M still hot.)
13. Isn't it weird for those of us who are Baby Boomers? Our President Elect Obama is not only the first African American President. . . he is also the first president elected who is younger than we are.
14. OK. so what's on your mind. Even if you are drinking earl grey tea, wine, or koolaid?
15. Edited for photo resizing and also to say ..nobody noticed how badly i numbered these! (I just noticed it myself.)