Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Viognier in my glass. Not sure what's in my head ...just yet.
Menu of the Day:
Photo: From my trip with galpals to Alderbrook Inn last week.
On Shuffle Play: "Three Marlenas" by The Wallflowers.
Last book read: See below
Best thing that happened this week: Simon gave my favorite Idol, Adam Lambert, a standing ovation last night. I don't think Simon has ever done that. It's been making the pop culture news.
Bad News: The Adam Lambert YouTube has been removed nearly everywhere - i think because they are collaborating and making money with iTunes this year. (Even from online news article links have been removed) and now i think Islandpearl here is the the ONLY person in the whole world who has it because her DVR recording cut off the end of Fox's Fringe and instead includes the last 7 minutes of Idol. (Adam performed on the last 3 minutes. ) the song is Mad World. It was a Donnie Darko song. I bought it from iTunes a few months ago when i heard it played on a new series that Benjamin Bratt was starring in.
1. Ok, here we go. I have no idea what i'm gonna say. I was wide awake last night for over two hours at 3 in the morning and my mind just raced. Does this ever happen to you?
2. It goes something like this: Is my hair appointment on Thursday at 5:00 or 5:30?... what should i bring to Easter dinner?... i hope i don't have to bring a salad.... did i file that that taxable fringe benefit report?.... I better change my W-4 form for next year...Brian and i need to make an appointment to get that last will and testament....what if my upcoming colonoscopy shows something....please God let my brother come out of this divorce okay.... if i run on Friday morning before work before our four day vacation trip to the river i could get away without running on the trip.... is there anybody's birthday i'm forgetting?...what is that noise?...
3. Wanda Sykes (love her!) does a whole bit on this and when i saw it i was like OMG....that is so me!
4. I am loving Barack Obama. I don't care what anyone says. (Including the Catholic priests.)
5. I'm loving Michelle too.
6. I am scared of all the shootings lately. Now it makes me want to buy a gun.
7. If i bought a gun. And i'm not saying i would. but if i did, you can betcha that i am taking lessons on how to shoot it. Because i do not get how in our country we need to take two tests to get a driver's license but anybody can have a baby and buy a gun and not have ANY TRAINING WHATSOEVER.
8. If you have seen me bowl. You don't want me shooting a loaded gun unless a sharpshooter instructor has been working with me for weeks and weeks and weeks.
9. I read the most amazing book last Sunday. I read it one day sitting outside in our rare sunny 70+ degree weather in April. It's called Little Bee. The author is Chris Cleave. I cannot tell you too much about but you can Amazon it and see what i am talking about. The book jacket tells readers not to give away too much of the story. It's not an easy book to read. But it made me laugh. And it made even someone like me cry. Little Bee would make a fabulous movie.
9. for umma. wherever she may be.
okay....allofyall. what's in YOUR HEAD?