Friday, January 15, 2010
Read this Book... And Other jojo Advice....
MENU OF THE DAY:
on iTunes: Long Grey Mare by Fleetwood Mac from way way back when.... (again courtesy of equeyaya)
The best thing about today: I found a cute lamp at Pier 1. And Yankee candles on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond.
In my glass: Toasted Head chardonnay. VERY good.
What i had for dinner: Brian's Boboli pizza with capers, sun-dried tomatoes, mushrooms and pastrami.
What i keep forgetting: To call Mrs. Erickson and tell her i'm ready to tutor kids from her class. I think it's because i have to get in a better mood before i feel ready to work with kids. (But then again....maybe they will help me get in the better mood. )
Here we go with totally random thoughts. I have no idea what i am getting ready to say. Disclaimer: i am at the end of my full second glass of Toasted Head.
* * * * * *
OK, on with jojo's advice: (This is actually advice i give myself.)
1. Read this book: I picked up this book so many times in Barnes and Noble and put it back down until someone i respected told me to read it. The book is The Art of Racing in the Rain. I am not a dog person for so many reasons that i just now deleted because they took up too much room...But this book made me appreciate dogs in a way i never did before, at the same time it taught me something about tolerance and family and the art of working through a bad thing. (And as an aside, a fascination for race car drivers. NOT that you will ever see me at a Nascar event.) I am not saying i am going to go out and get a dog, but this book made me realize what I might be missing by not having one.
2. On weekends the first thing you should do when you wake up... is make your bed. (That way you won't crawl back into it. )
3. Wash your sheets on Thursday so that they feel great for the weekend.
4. Two cups of coffee is all any normal person needs.
5. Do not tweeze your eyebrows after three glasses of wine.
6. Don't pick up the phone if you don't know who is calling.
7. If you do, disguise your voice. (Especially if you find out it is your mother calling.)
8. Don't loan your good stuff to anyone who you believe might get arrested at any time.
9. If you are a reader and a bookstore lover, do not marry someone who never reads.
10. Don't wear skinny jeans if you have short legs. (or if your thighs are bigger than your inseam.)
11. Don't show your belly in clothes unless you are under the age of 6.
13. If possible, always bring your own pillow if you travel.
14. Send thank you cards, even for small things.
15. Write your legislator when you feel strongly about something. Don't assume some other group will get that message out for you. And if you DON'T , then don't complain when your legislator doesn't do what you feel is right.
16. After you turn 40, make sure your bathroom has good lighting so you don't feel terrible about looking in the mirror.
17. Listen to music every day.
18. Do NOT listen to Celine Dion.
19. Take calcium with Vitamin D every day.
20. Refrain from correcting people when they are wrong if you know in their heart they truly mean no harm.
21. When you feel the winter doldrums, buy yourself flowers. Even if it is just one daffodil.
22. Rearrange your living room furniture. You will be surprised what a lift it can give!
* * * * * *
Ok, y'all know the rules: please give us your best advice that you give to yourself that others might need.