Happy New Year!
Playing on iTunes: needtobreathe's Washed by the Water (an equeyaya contribution. I LOVE this song so much.
Photos: New Year's Eve. That is my great-niece Mari in the New Year's tiara. She is so sweet! And that's her mom, (my sister's daughter, who i always call Jessie-belle) in the glasses in the photo of me with my nice nieces. And me posing in the Famous Coor Beer hat. and then my nephew in silhouette in the same hat. And Troy playing around with the instruments! LOL.
In the jam session photo that is again my nephew, our musical friend Shane, and my husband (Bongo Boo) entertaining us a good part of the night. But none of us knew the lyrics to anything, (except Mari knew the American Pie chorus. I might try and put it up from YouTube.) So no Crawfish Woman genius-ity or YaYa dancing.
In my Glass: J Lohr chardonnay. (first glass).
Announcement: I am going to toot my own New Year's horn and say today marks the 30th anniversary of the ONLY New Year's resolution i ever kept: I have been committed to running (though i should now call it 'jogging') since 1980!
What i hate about New Year's Eve the most: Hands down, that stupid Times Square countdown....or any countdown for that matter. I also HATEHATEHATE "The Wave" at sporting events too.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
New Year's Resolutions I will NOT be making:
1. reading the classics.
2.cutting back on my iTune purchases.
3. waking up at 6:00 am 5 times a week so i can run before work.
4. cutting back on carbohydrates.
5. eating only whole grains.
6. turning vegan.
7. trying to not say the f-word so often. (I love the f-word!)
8. trying a bunch of new things. (My husband when i turned 50 years old gave me a journal where i was supposed to write 50 new things i was going to do that year. I gave him one of those looks that i probably give to people who tell me they were once abducted by aliens. Since then, he and i laugh about it. )
9. making a bunch of new friends. I can barely keep up and be a good friend to the ones i have right now!
10. i am NOT joining the YMCA. In fact the best thing about not belonging anymore was how bad it got this time of year with all the new people who signed up to work out for their new year's resolution. (I used to call them 'resolooters' because of how they looted all the parking spots. ) Usually by Valentine's Day it was all back to normal and you could find a spot.
11. I always thought it was funny anyway that we would bitch about how we couldn't get a parking space close to the door we were entering to go work out.
I'll think of some more, but i am only on one glass of wine and not yet totally feeling the inspiration. But come add yours!
(By the way, the last time i looked Crawfish Woman had 136 hits on YouTube, though i think it's do mainly to my husband, Kylee and my Louisiana born cousin Todd who put it up on Facebook. )