No Menu Today. jojo's cucina is closed for the holiday. On with the list:
1. Ryan Adams. Van Morrison could do no wrong for me and was my favorite artist for the longest time. Until Ryan Adams came out with Gold. He has struggled with drug addiction and then became clean and sober and married, of all people, Mandy Moore (i would have expected him to hook up with someone more like Courtney Love!). Anyway i hope he keeps writing those amazing lyrics and music.
2. Same with Counting Crows. I love this band too. Interesting to note that both Ryan Adams and the Crows have a similar sound that matches Van Morrison.
3. Louise Penny books. I am currently reading her fifth (and latest, therefore last, for now) mystery. I love these books so much. (And for that matter, good books in general, STILL published on paper in the form of books as we know them today!) Also Jonathan Tropper and Richard Russo should really get their own numbers too, but i'll just lump the books in #3. I can't list all the artists, but right now these three come to mind.
5. iPods and iTunes. Whatever in the hell did i ever do before these most wonderful inventions of the last decade? I know i used to run with one of those personal disc players and they are so big to carry while running! Plus it wasn't that long ago i was running with a Sony cassette player. Scary how technology moves.
6. Food and Wine magazine. I always steered away from cooking magazines that seemed too elitist, including this one. But then i took a look at it and realized that although I am no Julia Child, i can cook this stuff!
8. Anderson Cooper.
9. The Internet. of course. And email too. I don't want email to go away because everyone is texting! (I don't even have a cell phone that i can text from. Or maybe my throwaway phone does allow texting, but i don't know how to do it.)
10. Meeting people in person. Sometimes i am afraid that we might never get together as friends in person because of technology.
11. The Office. I don't care if American Idol goes by the wayside soon, as i believe it will in the next year or two, but i would love for The Office to stick around.
13. Everyone i care about.
OK, i will likely be back with more, but this is good for now. What are YOUR choices?