Thursday, August 12, 2010
Mild Rants....Mild Observations.... come add yours!
I don't care too, too much if only 5 people are reading my blog these days: ms. hippie, eque, louie, susieatl, grits..... always good to see you.
But i do care a little. So what happened to Amanda and Amaretto? Lynnie? Islandpearl... EoDE, jennifer, sam, jaxie, for starters.... and then some girl named shazazz21 who only posted once on the Roman Gabriel post. (Do i know you shazazz? I do like your name.)
I like blogging because i need the writing outlet. And the bonus is that sometimes people come here with their own menus, opinions, lists, etc.
So I get not only get "kudoed", i also at times get ideas. But if nobody is reading, i will still blog, because blogging is like leaving something behind, even if you are gone tomorrow. and i like that better than if someone discovered my handwritten journals.
This photo: is scanned from a card that louielouie sent me and i have since mailed to equeyaya. eque, you need to forward it on to someone to a Facebooker/blogger who will get a kick out of it who will then forward it on to another cyber buddy... or we can keep swapping it with a new message. I loved the card.
Though i have been in a very positive mood lately, i do have a list of mild rants and some mild observations. I hope y'all come and share your own.
1. Mild Rant: OH those damn LED lights. On my alarm clock, on my fan, on my TV. I swear it feels like Friday Night Lights sometime in my bedroom with all the damn green lights. I need a remote for my armoire doors that hold my tv because those are the worst ones!
2. Mild Observation: FINALLY Jon Stewart shaved off that gawd awful goatee. You know Mitch Miller recently died and when i saw Jon with that stupid beard i thought of Mitch Miller. He looked about 65 years old with it.
3. Mild Rant: Actually this is not even a mild rant. This is bigger than that and probably a blog post all on to itself. STOP with the Anchor Baby stories!!!! What is wrong with us?
4. Mild Observation: Anderson Cooper. You are still my hero. You are showing the absurdity of the aforementioned Mild Rant.
5. Mild Rant: The new Jonathan Franzen book comes out August 31. I really really wanted to read it over summer vacation. He wrote the book The Corrections which i really liked a lot and could be written about own parents in many ways.
6. Mild Observation: rabid liberal folks cover more square footage on their vehicle with bumper stickers than the average person.
7. Mild Rant: Modern hippie/Kylee where the hell are YOU? i am boycotting Facebook if you boycott my blog because of your posting issues.
8. Mild Observation: i am 53 years old and happily married but i still like watching a good looking young guy. Such as today: Julie and i were at the pool today after work and my older neighbor/pool buddy Barbara brought over her 29 year old godson and he was so cute. In the way i describe as Almost Better Than Johnny Depp Gorgeous. (Not quite, because no one is better looking than Johnny.) This Godson had very dark hair and very light blue eyes, which is a most beautiful combination. Plus he swam laps like a dancer. I could watch him swim all day. And before you think i am Mary Kay Letourneau just know that it's okay for me to check these young dudes out because i am always looking for husbands for my nieces.
9. Mild Rant: Why is salt bad for you?
10. Mild Observation: I have too many opinions. But i find that even when i have a bad judgment about something/someone, i can always find something that i like too.
Ok, that's about all i have. Now i am on to check that gawd damn Facebook, which i know is ruining my blog.
If you are reading, please come add your own Mild Rants/Mild Observations....
My new favorite commercial. i love commercials as long as i can remember (starting with Meet the Swinger...Polaroid Swinger commercials). And i am going to try and remember to include this on every blog. (I think i would have loved to have some kind of job in advertisement, even if i was only the secretary. )
My new favorite commercial on TV right now will probably make some of y'all sick. I love the Toyota minivan mom Sierra commercial. (I think that's the one? You know where she says folks think she is the babysitter and when the cute cop is waving at her it's only to tell her she left her diaper bag on the top of her minivan? ) Anyway, i like that chick.