Menu of the Day:
Book: i have read TWO books since Friday. The first one is The Last Child. The other is Look Away. They were both good summer books because they were page turners. Now i am reading Love is Mix Tape which is a pop culture book written by a Rolling Stone author.
This Photo: was taken by equeyaya from our Vashon getaway time. I love it. I was looking to see how to temporarily change my blog photo up top but couldn't figure it out. So here it is.
Latest iTunes purchase (and also playing as i type): Jackie Greene's Shaky Ground. I also bought this really cool song by Forest Sun called Alchemy.
What i have been procrastinating about: I have to write out a sympathy card for a person from work headquarters because her husband died suddenly at the age of 58 from a heart issue. He was very very fit, active and a healthy and handsome man. She had just been posting on Facebook with photos from their fun time a few days ago at his 40 year class reunion. It's a freaky thing. She just got over breast cancer and chemo and got the all clear in the past 3 years. And now this.
The best thing that happened this week: louie/sarah, Julie and i walked Chambers Golf course yesterday and then immediately had drinks afterwards for hours. The margaritas were as good as my very best shaken ones. I thought the drinks would undo that hour long hilly walk but when i weighed myself this morning i was 2 lbs less than the last time.
On with the randomness stuff.
1. Today might have been my first day where i was a little antsy on my 6 week long vacation. When Brian came home and asks me what i have done that day i find that i sort of hate the question. So i simply answer. "I was very busy." He just laughs because he knows i'm lying.
2. Busy today meant i bought an iTunes gift card, some chardonnay and Windex at Safeway. Then i went to my favorite teriyaki place for late lunch/early dinner since Brian is not home tonight because of band practice. I took a nap. Ran this morning. Read a book. Shopped for music and now i am updating my blog.
3. I am exhausted .
4. I finished watching the first season of Glee. I LOVE this show and i say this not liking musicals at all. I thought it would be the cheesiest and wholesome show but it's so much more than that. It's really great.
5. My phone keeps ringing with political calls. It's making me crazy. I have to doorbell later this month for a local candidate i believe in. But that's all i want to do right now. I hate answering the phone.
6. I am loving my patio flowers and think i might be able to say i have a green thumb after all. I brought a half dead fuschia back to life. And healed my neighbor's fuschia i was babysitting for three weeks.
7. Please, if you decorate your house do not use fake plants or silk flowers anywhere. I can't be responsible for what i might say. Especially if you serve me wine.
8. I don't like to cook for vegans or lactose intolerant people.
9. i don't even know what made me think of that just now. I think it's something that louie was saying yesterday at our martini/margarita lunch.
10. If i had to eat one food for the rest of my life i think i might choose crab.
11. If i had to listen to one musical artist for the rest of my life it would be a toss up between Van Morrison and Ryan Adams.
12. If i had to choose one author i would pick Richard Russo.
13. Brian and I recently watched One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest the other day. I had not seen that movie in years. If you have not seen it either you might want to check it out again. It's really an amazing movie for the acting alone.
14. I am reading about all this American Idol drama. Ellen is out. The Kara judge may be fired? Steven Tyler from Aerosmith might be on, J-Lo too. And then they lowered the Idol age to 15. Good. I wanted to be done with Idol. This makes it all easier. Why is this the headline news on Comcast anyway? I am quitting reading anything about Idol from now on. I mean it this time.
15. Oh yeah, back to my day today for a second: besides my iTunes gift card and Windex that i purchased at Safeway today i bought grape tomatoes, center cut bacon, avocado and multi grain bread. The checkstand lady said to me "Are you having BLTs with avocado for dinner?"I know some people don't like it when the cashier comments on your purchases but i always do. i also love it that they call me by name when i am leaving, i know they are told to do that, but i still love it anyway.
16. Which is reminding me about Amanda's Safeway Man and did louie ever get to see him?
Ok, that's all i got for now. What are allofyall doing this summertime?