Monday, August 23, 2010
Red Flags that he/she might not be the one for YOU.
I actually wrote up a new blog post yesterday but didn't like it - it was lists that actually were more like an extension of our profiles so i deleted it. Then on the drive over to go out to dinner last night Brian and i were following this car that had all these stuffed animals in the back window. You have all seen those people, right? Just like those folks who drive around waving two or more American flags on their car.
Anyway i said to Brian, "you know if i had accepted a date with a guy and he came to pick me up in a car that had a bunch of stuffed animals in the rear window, i would consider that a red flag." And together we thought of a few more and so i came up with this idea of blogging about red flags and people you shouldn't be dating.
So here are mine, and i hope you come and share your red flag stories.
1. This is actually more of a deal breaker and not just a red flag (hence the graphic). But if he drove up in a truck with those stupid mud flaps with the big breasted girl in silhouette.
2. His car sports a Rush is Right bumper sticker.
3. His vehicle is a Hummer.
4. He orders a glass of milk in high end restaurant before he even asks what you want. (This actually happened to me. it was the same bad boyfriend i blogged about before - the one who wouldn't let me wear his coat during his doubleheader baseball game because it started sprinkling and the coat was leather.)
5. That same boyfriend also ate with a fork like the cowboys do in Lonesome Dove. (Y'all know what i mean.)
6. He speaks in double negatives. I am not a grammar snob, but i really really hate double negatives i think because i grew up speaking that way because my parents still do.
7. He has been unemployed since before the economic downturn.
8.He still lives with his parents.
9. He isn't registered to vote.
10. He has never read a novel for pleasure.
11. Caddyshack is his favorite movie (another red flag from my bad boyfriend.)
12. He doesn't want to meet your friends.
13. A Confederate flag hangs in his living room.
14. He spends more time on his hair than you spend on yours.
That's all i can think of right now, but i'll be back with more later. What are YOUR red flags?