Saturday, October 16, 2010
Closed for Repair
1. RE: my post title: i think that would be a good name for a band. I just wanted a provocative post title today.
2. I am now on Lost Season 4. This is the season where Farady, Miles, Charlotte and Jimmy Buffet pilot were introduced.
3. i like rewatching Lost better than when i saw it the first time. I especially like Jack more and appreciate him in a way i did not in my first viewing.
4. I doorbelled for three hours for house democrat's re-election Troy K. today. He is up against a formidable opponent. He is running against an anti-gay, anti public education, anti labor lawyer who works for a right wing think tank. So my friend Irene and I made feet and knocked doors. It was a beautiful day, so that was a plus.
We had a long list of 80 addresses. I had trepidation at first because the list was long and these were 'persuasion' doorbells where you talk to people. But it was actually fun. She and i decided to split to list so we could get through them. and we did. After you do this for awhile you actually get disappointed when people aren't home.
5. Nobody was mean. A couple of people were semi-rude, but that was it. Most people were really nice.
6. Our next thing to do is easy. Sign waving. I want to make a pool of it: for every person who flips us off somebody has to pay up a quarter. For every honk, somebody has to pay a quarter. We need to divide up what we want to be paid for. I am choosing the honks or thumbs up. (I am negative enough by nature so i have to find the positive somewhere.)
7. Maybe i will wear a short skirt and a low cut blouse. LOL.
8. I will be very glad when Nov. 2 gets here. I got my absentee ballot today and I have already voted. It's a big ballot for us in our state with initiatives. I don't always know about district court judges so i go online for those. A secret is returning your ballot immediately so you won't get all those political phone calls reminding you to vote.
9. i bought the new Sister Hazel cd from iTunes today. i like this band a lot. they are under the radar and not that well known but i have quite a bit of their music. Quite often when i hear a song i like i look at my iPod and it's either a Paste cd song, an equeyaya song, or a Sister Hazel.
10. And surprisingly sometimes a Conor Oberst.
11. I keep thinking that people want to share their opinions and thoughts so i keep trying to engage that with this blog, but it doesn't seem to work. That surprises me. How can people not want to answer a question about their opinion? Especially when they know it can be anonymous? I don't believe i have ever in my life been asked for an opinion and chose not to respond. LOLOL.
12. I hope y'all saw my last post on the other blog about my favorite commercials. I think i will try and find the YouTube for the Allstate commercial and post it here since i don't have a photo to add today.