Friday, October 29, 2010
Friday Night Ramblings While Drinking a $25 Viognier
Menu of the Day:
My REAL menu: is a crab cake and stir fried peapods with ham that i bought from Tacoma Boys this afternoon.
Music: This is Pete Yorn week. Right now i'm listening to his version of Elvis's "Suspicious Minds". (I love his song "Rock Crowd")
My last iTunes purchase: Sister Hazel's new cd.
The Best thing that happened this week: shoot, i'm trying to think. It was a very busy week. I've worked late every night except last night. I think the best thing is this viognier i'm drinking.
What i'm looking forward to: Kylee/ms hippie is moving back to Tacoma in about two weeks, 5 minutes away from our place. Saturday walks around Chambers Creek for exercise with Kylee and getting back to our tradition of decorating my Christmas tree and then eating Chinese food while watching a cheesy movie!
OK, enough menu. On with the ramblings.
1. Pete Yorn, if you don't already know is super hot. Having said that i have to admit... he doesn't really do justice to "Suspicious Minds". But i still like it.( I don't really like Elvis Presley AT ALL, but if i had to pick a favorite song, it would be this one. )
2. I am starting to get really irritated with the political system and the culture of the Democrats disorganization and the tenacity and arrogance of the Republican party.
3. Having said that, i still think Patty Murray will still beat Dino Rossi.
4. Not so sure about the candidates i am working for locally. I would bet money that Tami G. will win and that Troy K. will lose to that right wing lawyer. I also think 1098 the state income tax initiative will lose. (I voted yes.) And i hope that folks will be smart enough to turn down the initiatives about privatizing liquor, so i might bet money on that being a NO. ( i just want to be on the record, i know this is boring for those of you outside our state.)
5. Off politics. Let's talk about my possible agoraphobia, which is bound to happen very soon. First we had news that a guy on a bicycle was attacking women walking/running alone in the VERY area that i run. Then it was in the papers that a cougar, yes a wild animal, was running loose somewhere in the area that we live. And tonight i get a newsletter from my condo association that says there have been reports of a peeping Tom in our condo area. I am WTF? I rarely close my drapes when i am home. I'm thinking we need to move. Cause you see, we live in the city where our four police officers were killed in a coffee shop almost a year ago. We live in the area that used to be a favorite of that cable TV show "Cops" .
6. Actually i think i just need to quit watching the news.
7. But just in case, if you don't see me updating my blog for a very long time you might assume i was eaten by a cougar or had acid thrown on me by a wacko dude on a bike. So check with Ms Hippie/Kylee and she'll give you the scoop on my disappearance.
8. I hope the peeping Tom,( if he was looking in our window), got a whole lot of jollies watching ME on the sofa in my man flannel pajamas checking Facebook on my netbook computer!
9. I should mention here that the $25 viognier is well worth the money. But i am too lazy to walk the 32 steps to my kitchen to tell you what it is.
10. This is the year i feel myself getting older. I think i forgot i would get old. I am pissed. I am not ready. What are your random thoughts?