My disclaimer: i normally HATE affirmations or rules about how to be a better person. I do not like reading self-help books. But these are pretty straight-forward rules that everybody, i mean everybody, can use.
30 Things to Stop Doing to Yourself
But first. Menu of the Day.....
In my glass: Molly Dooker Two Left Feet. It's amazing. It cost over $25, but it's worth it.
On the stove: jojo's spaghetti sauce.
The Best thing: i am off work for 16 days in a row for the holiday!
What i wish: That i could sleep better without waking up at 2 or 3 am.
What i feel guilty about: That i should be wishing for ending World Hunger instead of sleeping through the night.
Music playing : Dustin Kensrue "Don't you wait for me" i think that's the title. I love this guy.
OK. here is the post that i wish i had come up with. I took out all of the explanations because blogspot won't allow so much text and i don't think they need explaining anyway.
As Maria Robinson once said, “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Nothing could be closer to the truth. But before you can begin this process of transformation you have to stop doing the things that have been holding you back.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Stop spending time with the wrong people.
2. Stop running from your problems.
3. Stop lying to yourself.
4. Stop putting your own needs on the back burner.
5. Stop trying to be someone you’re not
6. Stop trying to hold onto the past.
7. Stop being scared to make a mistake.
8. Stop berating yourself for old mistakes
9. Stop trying to buy happiness.
10. Stop exclusively looking to others for happiness.
11. Stop being idle.
12. Stop thinking you’re not ready.
13. Stop getting involved in relationships for the wrong reasons.
14. Stop rejecting new relationships just because old ones didn’t work.
15. Stop trying to compete against everyone else.
16. Stop being jealous of others.
17. Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself.
18. Stop holding grudges.
19. Stop letting others bring you down to their level.
20. Stop wasting time explaining yourself to others.
21. Stop doing the same things over and over without taking a break.
22. Stop overlooking the beauty of small moments.
23. Stop trying to make things perfect.
24. Stop following the path of least resistance.
25. Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t.
26. Stop blaming others for your troubles.
27. Stop trying to be everything to everyone.
28. Stop worrying so much.
29. Stop focusing on what you don’t want to happen.
30. Stop being ungrateful.