Eleven for 2011:
I am not sure if i will have time to get my 52nd post in for the year 2011, so i'm going to do it today before my mother in law arrives since the computer is in the guest room. Here are highlights.
1. In congratulating myself on reaching my goal. Here is #1 pick for my best blog post in 2011. I think i outdid myself on this one....Click below:
IMO, the best jojo blog post
2. The end of the Iraq war. And why wasn't this bigger news? Even i forgot to hang out my flag. I should have been more excited since i marched against the war BEFORE it started. How did it end with a whimper? I think it's because we're still in Afghanistan. And who knows what's next? Iran? North Korea?
3. I got to retire! Officially i am done Dec. 31. Though i am working through August 2013. But i finally got to put an end date to my dissatisfaction with working for the union. It's making me do something different.
4. Brian's in a new blues band that he can be proud of and one i love to go listen to. When i first started dating Brian in 1992 he had a dumpy little bachelor house and in his living room in the corner was a set of drums he had since he was in high school. He would play them while i got ready to go out. Now he has two sets of newer drums and living the dream.
5. I'm still running and nothing hurts. That is an accomplishment.
6. The best book i read in 2011: Cutting for Stone
7. Best new artist: Jason Isbell
8. Favorite new show i started watching on TV: Property Brothers
9. We almost bought a house.... and then we didn't.
10. As a direct result of not getting the house we remodeled part of our kitchen AND all of both bathrooms. And now we've also commissioned the cabinet makers to build us a custom computer work station which is ready in about two weeks.
11. Nobody i love died or got sick in 2011. (And i didn't murder anyone i hate.)
What are your highlights for the year? I know i probably have better ones than these but i'm doing these on the fly without much thought.
I hope all of y'all have a great Christmas and new year!