Maybe it will come to me.
1. I don't get people not having basic manners anymore. When did folks stop identifying themselves on the phone when they call for someone? I especially DETEST it when someone says with familiarity, "Hi Jo, can you put me through to Sam?" without telling me who THEY are.
2. No please either.
3. I don't get soccer moms. I can't believe moms really love going to outdoor soccer games early Saturday mornings in the pouring rain for the love of their kid. I guess it's because i hate soccer. I hate standing around in the rain. I don't have kids but if i did i would only let them go to the library on Saturday mornings because the library doesn't open up that early anyway. I don't think i would love my kids enough to let them play soccer. (Good thing i didn't have them.)
4. I don't get why people have to exaggerate how hard they work by telling me they give 150%. A union member who is being RIFFED from her job told me this last week. I have brought this up before on this blog. The minute you tell me that just makes me believe your work ethic bar is very low. And that you are bad at math.
5. I don't get extreme athleticism. Or adrenaline junkies. Or people who love to live on the edge. I steer clear of all of them.
6. I don't understand how anyone cannot love wine.
7. I don't get how people can get so fat. I am talking about the people who are 600 lbs or something like that who can't leave their house. What's Eating Gilbert Grape's Mom kind of fat. How can anyone eat that much?
8. I don't get those things that young folks put in their ear lobes that put quarter size holes in their ears. I want to remind them all that someday they are going to get old and be sorry they did that. What are those things called anyway?
9. I just finished reading Fifty Shades of Grey. Holy Moly! What a book. Without giving too much away i will say i don't get the attraction. When i was around 14 years old i snuck Valley of the Dolls and Peyton Place to read so i could read all the juicy parts. These books pale so much in comparison to Fifty Shades and i bet lots of 14 year old girls will be doing what i did 40 years ago. (Not to mention all of the men who will be reading it in secret.)
10. I never got the chance to go to college and it pisses me off when kids feel entitled to college and then go off and blow it. (I especially don't get parents who allow it to happen.) If i saved all that money to send my little Roman or Harmony to college and they behaved like jackasses and never studied and only partied and flunked out i would make them pay me back for that year.
11. I don't get why anyone has kids anymore!
One of my comments explains the photo!