|The Daily Show with Jon Stewart||Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c|
|Zach Galifianakis & Will Ferrell|
|Daily Show Full Episodes||Political Humor & Satire Blog||The Daily Show on Facebook|
I've taken to keeping my Kindlefire and a little notebook and pen on my nightstand. (I quit keeping my glass of water nearby in case i knock it over and ruin my Kindle. But then it's only 5 steps from bed to bathroom, which is a must for me for getting my water and having to pee. When i was looking for a house awhile back it was a big deal to me how close the bathroom was to the bed area, just as important as the storage in the kitchen. But i digress... )
We DVR the Daily Show and sometimes when i'm lazy and bored i will watch four episodes in a row, as i did last night. This is a hilarious bit with Will Ferrell and Zach Garfairalaldkas.... (you know the guy, but who can spell or pronounce his name?) It's worth watching all the way through. Jon Hamm from Mad Men makes a hilarious appearance on the skit too.
Anyway, last night i jotted these things in my notebook and I'll start with The Daily Show:
1. Have you ever seen Brian Williams as a guest on The Daily Show? He is one of the funniest guests. (In fact he was far funnier than Chris Rock was on the same week, though I do think Chris Rock may have been a bit inebriated. ) I love when Brian Williams is on because his comedic timing is almost just as good as Jon Stewart's. It also occurs to me that these two are maybe the most trusted men in the new reporting on politics these days. I can't remember the last time I've watched CNN or MSNBC and this is an election year.) For example, everything i know about Paul Ryan i learned from Jon. (Who is one f*cking scary dude, by the way.) Isn't it rather sad when you think of all the channels we have now to get our news that it's difficult to find honest news?
2. Jon Stewart just keeps getting better and better. Brian Williams should run for president with Jon as his vice-president.
3. Matt McC.... (I cheated and went back to look up how to spell it since it is in the subject line), but you know the one, he likes to take his shirt off at every chance. (I used to date a guy like that and he appears in one of the most viewed blog posts here, according to the stats - the one about Bad Boyfriends.) Anyway i don't like him very much, he always seems to be full of it in his interviews. And it occurred to me that we don't really need Matt. If you think about every movie he has ever been in (even Dazed and Confused) you can substitute Woody Harrelson and you have a much better picture. Some actors are interchangeable and should be eliminated. (We don't need that pouty Scarlett Johannsen when we have a much better pouter actress in Natalie Portman. And don't even get me started about that little tramp, Kristin Stewart. I'll think of some more later.)
4. Menopause. OK, i'll try to make this the last time i bring this up. I am still not sleeping but i'm starting to believe maybe it's not affecting me all that much in the end. It could be that i don't need as much sleep as i used to. I took far more naps last year on weekends and during vacation than i do now. Now i try to look at it as having more unencumbered time to read, which is so much easier with the Kindle.
My doctor wants me to tough it out. I bought that Estroven that Amanda said worked for her mom. It did the opposite for me. I was up more that night than the one before. My doctor told me not to use it even before he knew it didn't work. I already forget why (but if i didn't have menopause i'm sure i would know.) Benadryl did the same thing, which is what my doctor did recommend. (By the way I am old enough to be his mom.) At this point, i think I probably should have someone just punch me hard in the face and knock me out. I'm sure there are many people willing to line up. Here's why:
I told him that the risks of breast cancer from hormone replacement therapy might be less risk for me than someone murdering me because i think I am i'm starting to be more critical of stuff, which i know is hard to believe that i can get worse. Most of it has to do with work. Maybe it's just cause i know i'm almost done. And when you are so close to something you want, it's almost more agonizing getting through a short time than if i had two or three more years. Sort of like how a kid feels like Christmas is never going to arrive fast enough as it gets closer. I'm also feeling like i doubt myself more than i used to. That pisses me off more than being critical of others.
OK, i'm going to try and leave this subject alone. I promise!
5. Facebook. I don't miss it. I thought i might, but i don't. I'm sure my defection is the reason their stock is doing so poorly. It's going on three weeks and i've not had the desire to even cheat and get on, which would be easy to do in the middle of the night on my Kindle when i think no one will ever know i was on.
6. My Kindlefire. So many times i resist what is new. I never wanted to get a blog, and yet here i am going on my fourth year. I never wanted to get on Facebook and then i got addicted to checking it incessantly. I told everyone i only wanted to read a real physical book and i love my Kindlefire. The only thing i don't believe i would change my mind on is a cell phone, especially a Smartphone.
What are your 3 a.m. thoughts? And if you are asleep, what is your secret?And what actors do you think should be eliminated because they are too similar to another? I just thought of Tommy Lee Jones and Harrison Ford. I pick Tommy Lee to stay.