Sometimes I lie awake at night, and I ask, "Where have i gone wrong?" Then a voice says to me, "This is going to take more than one night." -- Charles M. Schultz
I'm back to waking up at 3 or 4 am with that Runaway Brain. You know the Runaway Brain? It happens after i wake up, usually after a weird dream where i am either lost in the hallways at schools, or i've lost some important material thing (most recently not only a boarding pass, but my whole purse and i only realized it as i was getting on the plane), or i'm falling off a bridge for a very long distance ( i always wake up as i'm falling).
My dreams suck....
Anyway the Runaway Dream goes like this:
1. Damnit, i forgot to call Sarah W. on her birthday or at least email her. ...I am a terrible friend.
2. How could i forget when i saw it on Facebook?
3. I wish Facebook was never invented.
4. I probably should dump ______ fill in the blank with whatever Facebook friend posted something stupid, like about politics or some fetus baby thing.
5. I really need to check my online banking tomorrow...
6. Oh no, did i pay the utility bill yet?
7. I hope i didn't offend.... fill in the blank ______________ (for anyone i was out with the night before.)
8. I don't like our kitchen tile. I think we should pull it up and put down lighter bigger tiles.
9. I wonder how much it would cost to scrape off our popcorn ceiling?
10. Does our popcorn ceiling have asbestos?
11. Maybe we should just buy a new house?
12. But what if my WEA pension goes in the toilet, given the way unions are starting to join the Post Office, 8-track, cassettes and cds, newspapers, and landlines.
13. I need to get a job after retirement so i have purpose.
14. Or not.
15. I hope we don't really owe too much in taxes.
16. Maybe i should write a book instead of blogging.
What do YOU think about when you can't sleep?
Notes to Self:
Sunset: 5:27 pm
High temp: 46 degrees
All time blog views: 39,762
Weird thing about blog stats: This week my top viewed page was from Aug. 16, 2009 entitled "Rules I have for myself". It got 57 views and it's an old post that is not normally in the top. (Bad Boyfriend always wins that one.)
Shout out: louie? louie?