It's Friday Night! .... Let's do a Menu of the Day first, how about it?
In my glass: fume blanc again from Ferrari Carneros, or however you spell it, i know i got close. (The same one i had during the Oscars.) I really like this better than the chardonnay.
Book: I am almost done with a book i like called Blame. I am still reading Life of Pi and also the Roosevelt biography.
The worst thing that happened: We got killed on our taxes because of my early retire rehire status. (Turns out I am the youngest person to retire from the WEA so it makes sense that they wouldn't have thought to warn someone collecting retirement before the age of 54.)
I got the same 10% IRS penalty on my full pension withdrawal that people get when they take out of their IRA or 401K. Only four of us were under the age of 59 1/2, but three of them were 55 years old last January and that was key!..... I was the only one who was not. Our taxes were already bad enough since we have no deductions but this really put them over the top. I blame my mom for not getting pregnant 5 months earlier!!!
Disclaimer about the Worst Thing: i'm just glad to have had the opportunity, so i'm not too sick about it. However, it could have been a couple of super really nice trips to Hawaii. I try not to think about where i could have spent that money.
Also, here's another thing. I could fix it for 2013 because I still have time to have a baby before this year is over.
Would you give me a baby shower louie if i do? And i want to play stupid shower games too! And i want a pink punch and a jello mold.
The Best Thing that Happened: i bowled a 148. (And the other two games weren't bad either. ) And tonight. I love Fridays when i get to be home! I'm so happy to have a totally unencumbered weekend. I only have to run. Also, this week things are really starting to bloom and look like spring!
Ok, let's do this lying thing. What are lies that you tell yourself so that you feel better, avoid the real issue, wishful thinking, etc. etc.
1. I blame menopause for so many things. Every time i feel like wanting to kick somebody's ass i blame it on my estrogen levels. I blame my lack of sleep. I blame forgetting if i put the garage door down.
Disclaimer: The truth is I have been this way since i was a toddler. My mom tells the story so often i feel like it's my first memory. My brother Scott was only 11 months younger than i was. When he was a baby about 3 months old i walked over to him in his little bumper seat and leaned over him, in what looked like to everyone, was to kiss him on the forehead. Instead i bit him on the forehead, so hard that i left little teeth marks.
Also i've never been a good sleeper and i always think i left the garage door open only to find that it's always down when i double back to check. When it's up THEN i will know that it's menopause.
2. I am not going to have that third glass of wine because then i will sleep better.
No Disclaimer. I always have the third glass on the weekends. (And i already said i don't sleep well.)
3. I don't care what people think.
Disclaimer: To some degree this is indeed true. But i only don't care about what people think if they are stupid people. However, some pretty smart people don't like me and i don't like them either and i'm not sure what came first. Do i not like them because i feel like they don't like me? So i think i do care more than i admit to myself.
4. I can't get skin cancer with all of my years of tanning. The truth is i do think about this. And i should stop loving the sun but i don't think i ever will. It goes back to my teenage years of terrible acne. I tried every antibiotic and cream from the dermatologist and nothing cleared it up like the sun. I never feel like i look as good in non-summer months. Total vanity trumps longevity. How stupid is that?
5. I am speaking for other people. Oh, i do this alot! The truth is, sometime i really am because i have people talk to me before and after. However, it's not always true. I tell myself it is. But sometimes i'm just out there talking because something makes ME mad and i would take issue even if i knew no one agreed with me.
Disclaimer: I more often like having credence for my opinions, so i am not that brave to speak up when i am the only one. And i am also not that brave when i know i have back up.
I know i have more, but Brian is coming home and i said i would cook dinner. I'll be back to edit.
6. It's my mom's fault if i am obnoxious. It's in my DNA but i can't blame everything on her, though i do often. Though this is really true, going off my #3, i really don't care as much what my mom thinks of me, that's how i survived!
Notes to Self:
All time blog posts: 40, 558
Page views yesterday = 29
High temp today: 57 degrees!
Sunset: 5:56 pm! I didn't leave work until 6 pm and it was so light outside. I think i should have put that as my Best Thing!
Shout Out: Linda B. (who has never posted here, ARE you here?), Cat P., jj
Longest Run this week: 1 hour, 21 minutes