Saturday, November 30, 2013

Holiday Chillin'...& my new favorite commerical!


Christmas 2013 -  tradition about 13 years running....Kylee/Chinese Food/old movie


1. Holy crap! We actually fit 12 people in our little 1000 sq foot abode for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday (not counting the Baby Brady). 

2. Though actually when you think about all the shit his parents had to bring with him, i think i should count Brady as TWO people. He actually took up MORE real estate! 

2. My niece Kylee has been so busy with her design job in Seattle and being in love that i didn't expect that she would want to keep our tradition of helping me decorate my Christmas tree, but i am so happy that she did! And in keeping with tradition we watched an old movie. She wanted to see Annie Hall. One of my favorite movies!  This is always my First Christmas Moment of the year. (Love that girl!)

3. I am looking forward to the holidays this year and that's not normal for me. It  likely has something to do with my nephews babies and also having more time this year to get ready. Plus Brian and I head out to our favorite Vashon Island beach cabin on Christmas day after we open presents for three nights. 

4. We had so much food! 95% of the people in the Louvrak family do not eat dessert so we had a whole Thanksgiving pie, more than half of a chocolate mousse and lots of cookies left over. 

5. What's astouding is that we even had some beer left over too. 

6. We played Apples to Apples at one table. (My brothers are hysterical to play with.) The other table played bouree'. So it all worked out.

7 Have you noticed that this year folks put their trees up VERY early this year? During my runs last week i could see that many people were ready for Christmas in a big way before Thanksgiving. Is it because T-Day is so late this year? 

8. Normally this bugs the shit out of me. But not so much this year. 

9. You might think i was on Xanax for all of this good chill i'm exhibiting, but you would be wrong! 

10. Xanax just made me remember..... We are going to Italy! In June for two whole weeks to a place called Cortona. Somewhere in the Tuscany Valley i think. Brian has a friend through work who has a place there and she offered it to us and she sent photos. It's a cool apartment set up! With a pool! She is going to be there in another place and will pick us up at the airport in Rome and help us get acclimated. 

11. How many Xanax will i need for a plane trip as long as this? 

Ok, that's all i got. I just wanted to get this changed since it's been awhile. 
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are ready for the deluge of Christmas! 


Notes to Self: 
Word Count: 481 - doing good keeping it under 500 words!  (not counting Notes to Self)
Shout Out: Donna! (I thought of you because i put your beaded ornament on my tree today!
Book: The Circle by Dave Eggers.... this is a creepy book that almost makes me want to quit Facebook! 
Longest Run this week: 48 minutes

Temp: hi/51; low/46
Sunrise:
Sunset:
sunrise: 7:34 am

sunset: 4:23 pm


10 comments:

jojo cucina cucina said...

I LOVE these AT&T commercials and it makes me look forward to getting back in the elementary schools to tutor. They are all so good. If i got a cell phone i would use AT&T!

jojo cucina cucina said...

hahaha... in #3 i realize it sounds like we take three nights just to open presents and THEN we head out to Vashon.

Amanda said...

What's Apples to Apples?

I can't wait to hear about your trip to Italy. Holy crap! Two weeks in Italy! I'm so jealous...unless Italian bathrooms are creepy. I'm all for travel as long as the bathrooms are good and the food is edible and identifiable. I want to know everything!

jojo cucina cucina said...

Hey Amanda. Apples to Apples is a fun game where everyone has a bunch of cards in their hands with a word on it. The judge deals a card from the deck of words and turns it up. Everyone tries to pick a card that is somehow connected to the card the judge drew. The results can be hysterical on purpose or a true match. It's up to the judge to choose THE favorite card in the bunch that they think bests matches.

For example my brothers play a totally off the wall card on purpose. Example the card turned up says 'serial killer'. One car put down might be 'Ted Bundy' but another one someone puts down might be Captain Crunch. The judge can decide to choose Captain Crunch based on the hilarity. The person whose card is chosen gets to keep the judge's card which is a different color than the rest. The one with the most judge's cards at the end wins.

BTW, i am so glad that you got a new dog! Did you name him Otis?

jojo cucina cucina said...

Re: Italy, i am more worried about being hot and having no air conditioning. I'm already trying to figure out how to pack my fan because i can't sleep without the noise. I think we have our own little apartment area in this place according to Brian and the woman who is putting us in touch with this. I know for sure it only has a shower and no tub (I love bathtubs!) but i can live with that.

Amanda said...

That sounds like an awesome game! I love it!

We got a new dog and we named him Otis. He's really sweet and calm. He's sedated (he takes medication for epilepsy), but I think he's calm anyway. He takes life as it comes. We got him from a rescue organization in Eugene.

jojo cucina cucina said...

I know i saw your blog and postex on it. I am glad you named him Otis! I love that for a dog's name! Otis is lucky to have you gor his mom'

jojo cucina cucina said...

Damn kindle 'posted'.

jojo cucina cucina said...

I was going to change this blog today but i like being in the front room with the candles ...the Christmas tree..and the fire so i will do it later this week. These days before Christmas are my favorite!

Swiss said...

I remembered to check your blog and happy that I did...I have been reading nothing but books from one author, Marlena Di Blasi who writes about her life in Italy. I was so excited to hear you are going - Tuscany too. She includes recipes too and made one with pork loin that was srum diddly umptious.......I have never said that before....guess I am sick of "to die for", and other like terms and feel silly giving a recipe to you when you have enough. It is okay your tree looks the same; it is perfect. I have new young cats so cannot do my favorite bird in the wild- tree! Yay for another Vashon visit, too.