|Christmas 2013 - tradition about 13 years running....Kylee/Chinese Food/old movie|
1. Holy crap! We actually fit 12 people in our little 1000 sq foot abode for Thanksgiving dinner yesterday (not counting the Baby Brady).
2. Though actually when you think about all the shit his parents had to bring with him, i think i should count Brady as TWO people. He actually took up MORE real estate!
2. My niece Kylee has been so busy with her design job in Seattle and being in love that i didn't expect that she would want to keep our tradition of helping me decorate my Christmas tree, but i am so happy that she did! And in keeping with tradition we watched an old movie. She wanted to see Annie Hall. One of my favorite movies! This is always my First Christmas Moment of the year. (Love that girl!)
3. I am looking forward to the holidays this year and that's not normal for me. It likely has something to do with my nephews babies and also having more time this year to get ready. Plus Brian and I head out to our favorite Vashon Island beach cabin on Christmas day after we open presents for three nights.
4. We had so much food! 95% of the people in the Louvrak family do not eat dessert so we had a whole Thanksgiving pie, more than half of a chocolate mousse and lots of cookies left over.
5. What's astouding is that we even had some beer left over too.
6. We played Apples to Apples at one table. (My brothers are hysterical to play with.) The other table played bouree'. So it all worked out.
7 Have you noticed that this year folks put their trees up VERY early this year? During my runs last week i could see that many people were ready for Christmas in a big way before Thanksgiving. Is it because T-Day is so late this year?
8. Normally this bugs the shit out of me. But not so much this year.
9. You might think i was on Xanax for all of this good chill i'm exhibiting, but you would be wrong!
10. Xanax just made me remember..... We are going to Italy! In June for two whole weeks to a place called Cortona. Somewhere in the Tuscany Valley i think. Brian has a friend through work who has a place there and she offered it to us and she sent photos. It's a cool apartment set up! With a pool! She is going to be there in another place and will pick us up at the airport in Rome and help us get acclimated.
11. How many Xanax will i need for a plane trip as long as this?
Ok, that's all i got. I just wanted to get this changed since it's been awhile.
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and are ready for the deluge of Christmas!
Notes to Self:
Word Count: 481 - doing good keeping it under 500 words! (not counting Notes to Self)
Shout Out: Donna! (I thought of you because i put your beaded ornament on my tree today!
Book: The Circle by Dave Eggers.... this is a creepy book that almost makes me want to quit Facebook!
Longest Run this week: 48 minutes