1. I was going to donate some money to for the Philippines Typhoon relief but haven't. I'm trying to figure out a way to do this so that i can quit getting all the phone calls and emails. (It's not about not wanting to give the money, it's about the calls.)
2. I have to say I especially hate those kind of calls when they never leave a message. I figure they are either Planned Parenthood, The Democrats, or all of the magazine subscriptions i have decided to quit getting.
3. For example: I have recently been cancelling: Better Homes and Gardens....Vanity Fair....Cooking Light....Cuisine at Home....Sunset....and Food and Wine. (The ONLY one i am keeping is Rolling Stone.) I don't need any more recipes! And Vanity Fair magazine has great writing in it and some pretty cool articles, but i am sick to death of wading through 1000 advertisements before i even get to the first article. And i gag on those folded page perfume-y ones that make me sneeze. Plus it's so thick that it's very difficult to read in the bathtub, (which is where i read most of my magazines).
4. At least one present i'm giving away is one that i bought awhile ago for myself and never used. But it is perfect as a gift for someone else. It's not really re-gifting, which is one you received but didn't want. I actually did buy this for myself. I just didn't use it.
5. I have enough time on my hands that i should already be volunteering, but don't. I'm content to hang around the house on my four days off doing nothing of importance. I am shocked by how fast the time goes by. I feel a little bit guilty. But not enough. (I feel more guilty about how i don't feel guilty!)
6. I am awful about making the first contact to make amends. It's should be MORE disconcerting to me about how easily i can let people slip out of my life. I often attribute it to being a military brat who moved around a lot and went to 3 high schools. I also divorced two husbands before i was 35 years old without too much remorse. Maybe there is something to the military bratdom or maybe that al-anon counseling from my divorce taught me too much about detachment. I don't know. But when things don't seem to fit with me, i find I am not too traumatized by letting go of it.
7. I've been ignoring my political mojo. I seem to need an enemy to work against. Such as George W. Bush. THAT was when i worked hardest and was most involved (or our last Governor election). I am never more motivated than when i am against something. I am hoping by getting out of union work i will start to feel differently. I think i view myself as being at my best when i am standing up against something that i feel is totally wrong. I think it can be a good thing, but there has to be some balance that i am missing.
I am trying to keep this under 500 words and keep editing and it still is over. But i've giving up and putting this puppy to bed.
NOTES TO SELF
Sunrise: 7:46 am
Sunset: 4:20 pm
Book: Dirty Love by Andre Dubois (however his name is spelled...he wrote the book House of Sand and Fog, one of my favorites!) These are stories and so far i like them!
Shout Out: Marla! If you are reading you should post a comment even if it's just happy face.
Longest Run this Week: 55 minutes.....(however knee is hurting.)
Word Count (not including Notes) : 550 exactly.