Menu of the Day:
Music playing: Jason Isbell's "Codeine". I recently bought this and LOVE it! Such a great song.
The new song that i'm wearing out: If you want to hear a really beautiful song, check out Josh Garrels' "Don't Wait for Me". That's my new song.
Book: I'm reading three: still Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet; Suze Orman's Action Plan (about financial planning) and the Lincoln Lawyer book "Reversal".
In my glass: J Lohr Chardonnay. First glass.
The Best thing that Happened this week: Brian is in a new blues band and i got to see them for the first time. They are really good! And i'm excited for him, because like i said before, I never could get past the female singers in his old band who tried to sound like Janis J. Nobody should try to do that. Especially them. The lead singer in this new band is an older dude but has a great blues voice.
That's all i got for the menu. On with the random stuff .....
1. Now that the football games are over i should put on the Jillian Michaels On Demand stuff and do the workout that louielouie told me about. But i poured this glass of wine instead.
2. I bought a pair of those "These are Not your Daughter's Jeans". Here's the thing about those jeans: They are not exactly MOM jeans, but almost! Once i got them home and looked in a real mirror instead of the fakey Nordstrom mirrors i realized they had too much room in the butt and made my butt look like a big saggy square after they were worn for awhile and stretched out. Plus they had too much room in the legs. I don't even HAVE a daughter so i have no idea why i bought them. I had them hemmed, wore them once, and returned them for credit. I might be 54 years old but i am not ready for Mom Jeans. Plus the sizes are vanity. You have to buy a size smaller.
I think that is where the hook is.
3. The best jeans in the world are Christopher Blue and i have about 10 pairs, but they are wearing out and Nordstrom quit selling them in favor of these stupid Non-Daughter jeans.
5. The thing is i cannot find a thing i like in Nordstrom these days. I feel like i'm either too young or too old. I hate to think i am ready for Lane Bryant.
6. I hate to shop but I have three shopping addictions: shopping for jeans, shopping for books, and finding the perfect foundation.
7. I am thinking about getting my lazy ass down to the Occupy gatherings but i want to go as a group and i think we union folks should be there. I am loving this movement and want it to continue. I think they should be right outside every Capitol building. But i need to do something besides carry a sign. Only i want someone else to tell me what that need is. Like register voters. Because i don't assume that protestors actually do vote. Because if they did, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.
8. My advice this week: If you have mutual funds, 401Ks, etc. do not open your statements this month. I wish i didn't. And i wish someone told me not to.
9. I just noticed i have 29 followers now and i for the life of me cannot figure out who the next one is.I click through and don't see any new names. So welcome Follower #29. Whoever you are and i hope you post.
10. I am starting to really HATE Facebook. The newsfeed is banal and boring and full of just quotes and shit. And it's kicked my blog ass and i hate that the most. Because i don't give a shit about your sniffles, or your kid's sniffles or where you ate your dinner. I think Facebook is the definition of ironic.