1. I still haven't mailed in my absentee ballot. I have even marked it (except for the City Council folks since i don't know them) and just need to get it in the mail otherwise they will start calling me.
2. I am procrastinating about doing my On Demand 10 Minute Workout. I'm still sore from the day before. Workouts hurt. Running hasn't hurt me for years. That's why i like it better. But it does nothing for my core. I hate worrying about my core. stupid word.
3. Brian's band was great last night. Fun seeing all the Halloween costumes. Probably the best one was an Avatar chick. Then a couple of cavemen. The guy was pretty funny because he had to wear glasses with his costume. (We did not dress up.)
4. I returned my online raincoat and got a better one. Every time i buy a coat it looks like i'm wearing someone else's coat. And that's what happened with this one. Good news is i found a shorter one i like better and it was HALF the cost!
5. Bought another pair of jeans which i may still end up returning. Or maybe altering. I cannot find a good pair of jeans!
6. i WAS starting to think i might be wrong about Rick Perry winning the nomination because of his horribly stupid performances in the debates. But then i remembered how Americans voted in Bush and so i'm sticking with my first pick. I still think it will be Rick Perry. I feel like the polls are f*cking around by pretending to pick Cain.
7. I'm back to reading Dave Eggers What is the What. It's very good and i wonder why i put it down in the first place. (I started it last summer).
8. I keep thinking i might want a Kindle or a Nook or an iPad. And then i think i'm not sure that i really do. For one thing, if someone wants to steal my copy of What is the What i'm only about $15. I don't like the idea that i have to carry around an e-book worth something every time i go anywhere because i never go anywhere ever without a book. I'm afraid i'll lose it.
9. My best nephew Brian (Troy's son) , came over Thursday to my office. He wanted to tell me in person that he was going to ask his girlfriend (of 8 years) to marry him. I was very excited for him because they seem to be in a very good place now after some tough times. I got to know before his Dad. (I think once he made up his mind he wanted to tell someone who was close to him and he couldn't find his dad.) He asked his girlfriend the next day and she said yes.
10. Speaking of politics for a minute, i'm thinking i might not be overly thrilled with our Democrat candidate Jay Inslee. He's cute and looks like the quarterback that he used to be, but sort of seems like he might be an empty suit. HOWEVER, we have to be sure not to let McKenna in or we could be in for what Wisconsin just went through.
11. I just don't like working for elections solely on wanting to be sure the other guy doesn't get in. I've done it before, but i liked it much better when working for Obama.
12. I haven't given up my thoughts about going to Occupy Tacoma. I just don't want to seem like that Catholic person who only goes to church on Easter and pisses off the regulars (who tend to run late to everything and have to stand in the back) because i get to sit in the pew (because i'm always on time). I need to feel committed to doing something besides showing up once and going out for a beer afterwards. (The photo above came from their Facebook page.)
OK that's all i got. Not too inspired but it was a week and time to change the blog.