Thursday, October 6, 2011
Just your regular random nothings.
1. I love my iPod, iTunes, and my iMac so I was sorry to hear yesterday that Steve Jobs died. Not even all the money in the world could help heal him. I hadn't realized he was diagnosed quite a few years ago.
2. I got my first iPod from Brian for Christmas. It was the white one that held 5,000 songs. When i opened it up, i did not know what it was, though i had seen the U-2 commercial. I think it was either 2004 or 2005.
3. I learned to use a computer on an Apple II-C in 1985. Louielouie taught me and a few other enthusiastic educators from the junior high where we worked. I was hooked and could not wait to trade in my Correcting Selectric typewriter!
4. Louie actually bought one of those computers! I was so impressed. I think she was the first person in the District outside of the tech people to own one. Later that year, going through simultaneous divorces we started writing our reference book on how to be single. And after too much wine we accidentally erased the whole thing.
5. Later on we found out some dude plagiarized our work. I am not sure how that guy recovered our lost book from louie's computer, but when "He's Just Not That Into You" was published we found out just how close we had come to being wealthy. (If only we hadn't had that third glass of wine.)
6. Speaking of books, I just finished reading the Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly. I am now reading another Lincoln Lawyer book entitled The Reversal. Matt McConnaughy perfected this character in the Lincoln Lawyer movie. It's a pretty good read that reminds me of old Grisham, back around The Firm and Time to Kill books.
5. This has been a very busy week at work and i love it, though not so much two back-tback 12 hour days because i don't get anything done at home. No laundry, no groceries, and no time to dust! (I love dusting!) I am looking forward to doing nothing all weekend. I will probably go buy a bottle of special red wine tomorrow, purchase some new iTune music, make a fire and lay around and read The Reversal.
5. I love summertime, but i am usually ready for it to be over too. What's great about this time of year is waking up in the morning when the heat kicks in and i can smell the coffee that Brian is brewing through the vents. It's a wonderful way to start the day.
6. The big thing that i don't like about this time of year (besides know that our gray winter is following) is switching out my summer clothes and going back to my regular (lighter) Lancome foundation. I also don't like that first day of running in long pants. And right now for the first time this season, I am wearing my Sporthill long pants while i procrastinate my workout by updating this blog.
7. Oh yeah, and i don't much care for Halloween either. I stay home and give out candy, but i don't really like it all that much. I think it's the expectant feel of the doorbell which makes it hard to relax.
8. I'm thinking about a Kindle or a Nook (color) or an iPad. Not sure i need all the bells and whistles of an iPad, but i'm uncertain about the best fit for me. I'll have to do research. If any of y'all have an e-reader, i hope you'll weigh in. I need a long battery life. I want color cause i plan to get cooking magazines. And i need to not wear out my eyes.
9. I don't have much to add to this so i'll probably change it up soon with a theme. I saw that iSad image and it inspired me to update my blog.
10. I wonder if i should use some of my retirement money to buy Apple stock???? Did it go back up yet?