2. I like the day before a long vacation. It's raining so hard it's as if God turned his hose on to water the Earth. Spring break is next week. It might not get any better next week, but at least i don't have to work the whole time. We're out of here to play gin rummy, stratego, Scrabble, cook, drink wine, and watch a bunch of DVDS for 5 days on the water.
3. I like when little kids smile at me. (Who wouldn't?)
4. I like people who encourage me to voice my opinions.
5. I like seeing my name in print. My Letter to the Editor that i had to write last week was published two days ago. As a result of that i got a call from another letter writer i've noticed for years. Like me, he appears in print pretty often. Apparently we are both admirers of each other's op ed pieces. He called to invite me to a group of writers who are like-minded in their politics and who meet up with various citizens who match our politics, including the county prosecutor, another Tribune columnist, the elected sheriff, and some former legislators. So i'm going this May. I'm really looking forward to it.
6. I like when i bowl anything over 125. (Tonight is bowling night!).
7. I like finding out that someone i like likes the same people i like.
8. I like finding out that someone i like, DOESN'T like the same people i don't like!
9. I like new pajamas.
10. I like when i am running against the traffic and the car coming at me gives me a wide berth by moving over for me. I always wave a thanks to them.
11. I like when they wave back.
12. I like coming home to a clean house, especially the kitchen, which is the first thing i see as i walk through the garage into the house.
13. I like the sound of birds chirping outside my window when i wake up. Sounds of spring!
Here is their website: Blues Oasis website (You can hear their music here too.)
This is a cute 38 second video of my nephew Brian dancing with a sweet old white haired lady.
Brian L. dancing