Sunday, July 22, 2012
What I need....
1. Sleep. I know i sound like a broken record, but i need sleep! I do not exaggerate when i say i have not slept more than 2 hours in a row without interruption since June 4th. Ever since my doctor talked me into to going off hormones cold turkey. My night sweats are terrible. I think i was up 10 times last night. I bought some of that NyquilZZZ the sleep aid without the cold medicine, but it didn't work. And now i am catching myself myself getting ready to do stupid stuff like throwing my good mail in the recycle and bringing my junk mail inside. Not only that, i find myself forgetting to turn off the burner after making my coffee. I don't do stuff like this normally.
I yelled at a lady a couple of weeks ago for having her large dog in her car with the windows all rolled up for over an hour while she was in the doctor's office. (The reason i know it was over an hour is because i went to lunch and then came back to see if the car was gone. I was shocked to see it still there since i had told the doctor's office to try and find her before i left for lunch. I even told the lady to take off her Obama bumper sticker because she was a disgrace to Democrats.) Two other people were there concerned and one lady had called 911 about the dog and a man was considering breaking the window. When she walked out of the doctor's office i just went off. Funny thing is, i am not even a dog person.
It's a good thing i'm not President.
2. In fact, i know this will sound sexist, but maybe we should not be electing any menopausal women to the Presidency for this very reason. (Sorry HIllary!)
3. Actually, it might be okay because she would probably forget the codes to launching the nuclear weapons anyway.
4. What else i need: I need a sunscreen that won't break out my face. It doesn't exist. I've spent more money on moisterizers and sunscreen than i have books. Well, ok, maybe not, but i've spent a lot. I break out like a 14 year old when i use them. Ironically, the only thing that clears up my skin IS the sun.
5. I need to be able to set my Kindlefire so that it stays vertical when i am reading in bed. I am constantly having to tap it back from horizontal mode because i read on my side.
6. Which by the way, i finally figured out how to download and borrow books from the library. Just yesterday i downloaded 6 books. Pretty cool. I have 21 days to read them. It took over an hour and a half and half the battery life, but i did it!
7. I need my mom to quit calling me every day just because she knows i'm on vacation. Just now as i was writing this blog she called me again. She has called me every day this week and it makes me crazy. She knows i hate going shopping, especially at the mall, yet it doesn't stop her from asking me over and over. I do not like being the only daughter. She never calls my brothers like she calls me. And she likes THEM better.
8. I need to catch a fish on this flyfishing trip. I've missed a year of doing this. It's sort of like riding a bike in terms of casting, etc. For example right now i couldn't tell you how to tie a swirl knot, but once i get on the river, my hands remember. (Sort of like how your hands remember a password better than your mind.) But i have forgotten that thrill of having a fish online. I've been flyfishing for 15 years but i'm still not that great at it. I just have a really nice cast. In spite of the years and coaching, I still don't feel like a real flyfisher. I'm looking forward to this trip. I just hope the bed has nice linens!
9. I need to go for a long run today. Unlike flyfishing, after 32 years of running i finally feel like a real runner since that race. For some reason i don't hate it as much as i used to. I've upped my mileage, keeping with 5 days a week, even when it's hot outside, and my knees feel pretty good. And i like my weight right now even though i have not been real good about eating this summer.
10. I need to be more social. I was thinking about this the other day. I used to organize things more, 99 card parties, wine get togethers, pool gatherings and i don't do that anymore. I am not even sure why. I used to never worry about hosting anything and now i seem to have some anxiety about it. I like my own company too much. Or rather i don't and feel like others wouldn't either... not sure what it means. I want to blame that on menopause too.
What do y'all need?